Saturday, May 11, 2024

Sunshine, Clouds, And Wind

Friday Afternoon View From Our Living Room

7:25

9:20

It's just after 8:00 as I start this and will be out kayaking in a few minutes, hoping it's not too windy. I have been up for just about an hour on a 44ยบ morning.  It looks like a decent day, maybe some rain mid-afternoon. It's 9:15 as I finish this, having returned from a forty-five minute paddle, windy heading south, just fine paddling home. 

Kayak Morning

Northern Blue

Yesterday was full in the morning for both of us, less so in the afternoon. I got in a forty-five minutes paddle before breakfast and the blog. By 9:30, both of us were off me to a yoga class and Evie to her kindergarten class. Four of us were in yoga, a couple newbies, and one gal who walked in after 50 minutes. After class, I did a quick run through an increasingly busy Aldis, as locals take advantage of lower food prices on many staples. I was home by noon, again to an empty house and I had to make my own lunch. Rats. So I heated up some ramen and toasted a bagel; all was good in the world. I watched my show, then read some of my Tana French, and tried to nap to no avail. So I waited for Evie to get home because I look forward to listening to her stories from class. The kids seem like so much fun and most are adorable, giving both of us hope for the world. 

Friday Afternoon Clouds

We both had plans to get outside late afternoon and do some yard work but we let it slide by, enjoying the leisure and never made it outside, alas. We had a pleasant Friday night happy hour, with good cheese, crackers, and a Manhattan or two  The late afternoon clouds were spectacular and we just sat there oohing and aahing. For dinner, we had a chicken pot pie and Evie decided on a big salad, with all kinds of goodies in it. We watched a Colbert, and some HGTV, news, before Evie went to bed and I watched the fourth quarter of the Pacer's win over the Knicks.

Clouds Or Mountains?



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...