Tuesday, May 7, 2024

A Perfect Morning

A Noble Osprey

6:45

7:43

I cannot think of a better morning, waking up at 6:30 to the bright sun, walking downstairs to a smooth lake, a blue sky, and bit of a chill in the air, 46ยบ. It's now 8:24 and I paddlee for 40 minutes, the usual route and took a couple of great photos of a osprey so it was a good morning.

Kayak Morning

Into The Blue

The Clouds, The Clouds

Paddling North

Osprey

Yesterday was just one of those days although it started out fine. I had a fine paddle, breakfast, the blog done by 9:30 and we had the day ahead of us. I was supposed to get a blood test in the next couple of days so I decided to get it over with and drove to the Quest lab in Westfield, about a twenty-five-minute drive. I go there because it's usually fast to get in except for yesterday when they had appointments all the way to 1:45 and as a walk-in, I would just have to wait. So I decided the heck with it and drove home, got on the Quest website and made an appointment in Jamestown for 12;40. I had enough time to make an appointment before I had to drive to Jamestown, to their new lab in a strip mall. Fortunately, I was able to get my blood test although the technician could not find my appointment but they were not busy. The only good part to the day was next to the lab was a take-out Chinese restaurant so I ordered a lo mein with shrimp and chicken, brought it home and it was enough for both Evie and me to have lunch. We then had a fun Facetime call with our grandson Nick, his wife Aundraya, and our new great-grandson Rhys. He's a doll and it's great to see them so happy. 

Happy Seventieth, Jimbo

While I was gone, Evie started her dahlia tubers in yogurt containers. She will keep them in the containers, water them, give them sun until the first of June when there is no fear of a frost. I was tired from my trips so I read and napped as usual, then went out and did some weeding around our hydrangeas for about forty five minutes. By 4:00, we were both pooped and went in and showered because we were going to Jim's 70th birthday party at 5:00. It was a fun early evening, eleven of us, enjoying drinks and appetizers on their porch, then wings, burgers, sausage, and salads for dinner. We are lucky to have such fun neighbors, and such good friends.  It turned out to be a great day. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...