Friday, May 31, 2024

Fog Rising

6:51

9:03

7:13

Well, I woke to fog at 6:40 but now at 7:20 the fog has lifted and I can see across and down the lake. It's chilly again, 43º, with the high later in the mid-60s, on this, the last day of May. A light wind carries what's left of the fog so it will be a good morning to kayak. It looks like the wind is picking up so I better get out on the lake sooner rather than later. On a beautiful morning, I was out for 50 minutes; it couldn't have been nicer. 

Kayak Morning

Northern Blue

Great Blue Heron

Same Heron

A Hawk

Yesterday was a different day for me because I skipped yoga class and felt like a bad boy.  The day began early because I had breakfast in Bemus at 8:00. It's always a nice change from yoga or kayaking. When I got home, Evie was ready to leave for her class trip so I decided to get in a paddle, a short one because of the wind which made it tough to stay out on the water. When I returned, I put my bike on my car's bike rack and drove over to Bemus, parking near the bridge. I started into Bemus my usual way but they were paving the roads through the neighborhood so I had to change my usual route. It was my usual ride, down Lakeside Drive to Long Point State Park, then through the woods and out to Long Point, then back through the woods to Lakeside Drive's end, then back to my car. It was out for over an hour, so it was a good ride. 

Long Point Trail

Long Point

I then decided to visit Evie and Midway Park where her kindergarten class was enjoying the rides. I found her at the playground and met the four boys she was responsible for, one, Tyler, when introduced, grabbed me by the legs and gave me a hug. I can see why she loves these kids. I stayed for 15 minutes, met the teacher and then drove home. I stopped at Hogans Hut for a Cuban sandwich and came home and enjoyed it while watching the last episode of my series, Prey. I then took a brief nap, then read some of my new novel, Toxic Prey by John Sandford, his newest. 

Grandma Evie And The Boys

Wheeeee!

Evie's Buddy, Anna

Evie was home by 2:30, ready to take it easy after a busy and fun trip with the kids. I was still energetic so I grabbed the hedge trimmer and worked on our front hedges, leveling them off and giving them some shape. After I was done, I had a good talk with my daughter Beth in Dallas. They are back in their home after a couple of nights in a hotel because they lost electricity from heavy winds. We were then alerted that a verdcit in the Trump case was imminent so we turned on the TV and listened as he was found guilty on 34 accounts, unbelievable but well deserved. I give the jury credit for acting with courage, knowing they might be harassed by the Maga crowd. Whenever they lose, it's fixed or political, If they win, it's just and fair. Dinner was great, pork ribs cooked with sauerkraut, served with mashed potatoes, the best. We ended up watching another episode of The Veil, lots of the news, and Colbert. Once Evie went up to bed, I watched the Mavericks destroy Minnesota, a surprise. They will meet the Celtics in the NBA finals next week, 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...