Monday, April 8, 2024

A Cloudy Day For The Eclipse

7:05

7:06

7:22

A swatch of light above the horizon but that's about it this morning. A light wind from the south stirs our flag and the lake is still fairly calm. Unfortunately, it looks like a cloudy day for the millions who hope to see the eclipse today from 2:00 to 4:00. It's 9:30 and I had a good paddle, shooting a couple of bald eagles, common mergansers, and I didn't get my socks and feet wet. 

Kayak Morning

Bald Eagles Hanging In Victoria

Bald Eagle

Male And Female Common Mergansers

Cruising The Shoreline

Same Guy

Canadian Geese Hanging

Yesterday was a spectacular day of sun and blue skies. I was pumped when I woke to the bright morning and was off kayaking by 8:00. I paddled for over an hour despite my cold feet. I was the only one out on the lake but a couple hours later, I noticed two or three kayaks out enjoying the morning along with a few fishing boats. Like most Sundays and the other six days of the week, we were in no hurry to get moving. By late morning, I had breakfast and finished the blog so we decided to go for our usual walk around the Chautauqua Institution.  It was a strange April walk because the CI was busy, with lots of families out for a walk, in town, for the eclipse. We mosied around the streets, even stopping at the art center which was open for viewing or buying the work of faculty and students from over the years. 

A Busy Chautauqua Institution

We didn't get home until 12:30. Evie suggested French toast for breakfast and I seconded her choice. It was a nice change from the usual eggs and toast and I wonder why we don't have it more often. After breakfast, I was tired from getting up so early so I took a short nap, getting up just in time to watch the start of the Women's Finals. If you are an Iowa fan, you loved the first quarter as Caitlin Clark went off, scoring 18 points. The next three quarters were less than enjoyable, as South Carolina dominated the boards and shot amazingly well from the three-point line, eventually winning the title, 87-75. I picked them to win, thinking they were just too tall and athletic unless Caitlin had another 40+ performance. After the first quarter, she was back to being normal, scoring only 12 points in the last three quarters. 

After the game, Evie prepped our dinner, fat man pork chops and cauliflower and we then relaxed in the living room with a glass of wine, enjoying the late afternoon sun and watching the ducks float by, occasionally chasing the geese off the lawn. By 6:30, we were enjoying our dinner, pork chops and roasted cauliflower and watching three episodes of Last Tango In Halifax. We enjoyed it enough to watching three episodes which is unusual for us. We ended the night with an HGTV show before going up to bed. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...