Friday, April 12, 2024

Morning Rain

7:04

8:21

It's another gray, wet morning here on the lake. It does not affect the buffleheads and mergansers, as at least 25  are cruising along the shore, looking for weeds. It's 44º, much cooler than yesterday's 55º morning. I will not be kayaking this morning, obviously, but I do have yoga later in the morning.

    Looking For Breakfast

Yesterday was back to routine and because it was Thursday, the day began with breakfast in Bemus. I was home by 9:10, in time to finish the blog, and head off to yoga by 9:40. It's been a week since I was in class so it felt good to be back. I was home by 11:30, with an open afternoon, no hiking or biking because of the rain, close to two inches in the past 24 hours. Evie was off to get her hair done so I made my lunch, fried rice with eggs, celery, carrots, and a sesame/garlic sauce; it was pretty good. I watched another episode of Godless, mostly because I don't know what else to watch. 

I was happy to get back to my book and, of course, looked forward to taking a nap. Evie didn't get home until after 2:00, just as I finished my nap. Because of the weather, we did little the rest of the afternoon, fairly common recently. Fortunately, I am enjoying my book so I don't mind sitting around reading most of the afternoon, waiting for happy hour. Dinner was the leftover chicken with a cream sauce, a salad, and broccoli. We were looking forward to a couple of more episodes of our series, Last Tango In Halifax but we were disappointed as the last two episodes seemed contrived and unrealistic, even silly as they were trying too hard to create trouble. It was a relief to get back to the 'big news, the passing of OJ. It brought back memories of watching the verdict on TV with our good friend, the bartender from Bud's Carriage House, Ed Ward. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...