Saturday, April 13, 2024

A Wild, Windy Night And Morning

7:15

I have been up since 7:00, listening to the wind howl, the waves crash against the shoreline. When I walked out to take a photo of the morning sky, at first I didn't notice that sections of our neighbor's dock were gone. It was just put in yesterday and five sections have floated loose and are somewhere on the lake. And just a few minutes ago, I noticed that three sections of Pine Hill's floating docks are also gone, floating somewhere on the lake. What a night. It's too windy to kayak but once it calms down, I will paddle around and see if I find the sections. It's going to take a lot of work to get them back with a boat and a calm lake. Right now, the winds are 20 mph with gusts up to 40mph.

Yesterday was another wet and windy morning so I never got out on the lake. Instead, I had a leisurely morning, enjoying coffee and writing the blog. I left for yoga at 9:40 and was one of two students in class. I was not sure how my back would feel in class but it was fine. Afterward, I drove to Wegman's for a big shopping day although my bill was under a hundred to my amazement. I guess if you don't buy meat or any sweets, you can keep the bill down. I was home before noon and when I walked in, I could smell the Tas Kebab cooking in the oven, a simple Turkish stew, a favorite. For lunch, I bought a Marie Callendar chicken potpie at a friend's recommendation and it was good enough that I might buy a couple more for a quick and easy lunch. 

Again, because of the inclement weather, neither of us did much the rest of the afternoon except for happy hour and dinner. I finally finished my book, Judas 62. I am not sure what is next although I did start a John Lescourt novel but it's due in two days so I probably won't be able to finish it. By 5:30, we were listening to the news, parts of Trump and Johnson's whoppers. By 6:45, I had finished my delicious dinner, tas kebab on top of mashed potatoes, with a delicious gravy. Best of all, there's enough left for my lunch today. We watched another couple of episodes of Last Tango In Halifax and are in the final season. We ended the night with some junk TV before bed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...