Thursday, April 11, 2024

Rainy Day Morning

7:05

9:10

It's 7:30 and we got a half inch of rain last night. It seems to be warming up because it's 55º already and was in the high 60s yesterday and people were outside using their leaf blowers, a sure sign of Spring. It's 9:30 and raining and I just returned from breakfast in Bemus with the guys, a good morning to skip kayaking and have breakfast with friends. 

Yesterday was just one of those days. It started with a short paddle because of the rain. Then, because I had a doctor's appointment in Ashtabula at 1:00, I skipped yoga and sat around the house waiting till 11:15 when I would have to head to my appointment. I am no good if I don't have either yoga, pickle ball or a hike for my morning workout. So I read some, finished the blog, had breakfast and was on my way by 11:15, getting there by 12:45. I don't know why I get there early as they wanted because I didn't get in to see the doctor until 1:20 and then sat around waiting for him another 15 minutes. It's a waste in some ways because he spends all his time typing or reading on his computer and we hardly talk. The only reason I stay with him is because he's part of Cleveland Clinic and if I have something serious, I want to go there.

So I was out by 2:00, happy to be on my way to get gas and buy a Whopper meal on the Ohio border. It was just what I needed after a long drive and I even surprised Evie when I got home with two junior whoppers. She was overwhelmed by my thoughtfulness and largesse. And even though it had been sitting in its wrapper for an hour, she said it still tasted good. I was tired from my driving and took a short nap before deciding it was so beautiful out, the lake like glass, that I went for a half-hour paddle, over to Long Point and back and was treated to photos of loons in the middle of the lake, at least four of them. I love their call which seems to echo up and down the lake.

Kayak Afternoon

Clouding Up At 5:25

Loon

Are You Looking At Me?

When I returned, we relaxed with a glass of wine until 6:30. For some reason, I was not very hungry so Evie had the second Whopper Junior, still tasty, and I made myself a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. We decided to watch an older film, A Walk In The Woods, based on Bill Bryson's hiking the Appalachian Trail because my yoga teacher is on her 30th day. It was a mistake. It was more about two old men being obnoxious and gross, and less about the beauty of the trail. I cannot believe Robert Redford and Nick Nolte made this film. We were happy to get back to Last Tango In Halifax. We watched a couple of episodes and then went to bed. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...