Wednesday, April 10, 2024

Back To Cloudy And Gray

7:04

8:44

Well, I am sitting here chasing a squirrel off the window sill as he tries to get to the bird feeder. I may have to get out my trap and relocate him to Bemus Point. I was up at 6:45 to a 54º morning and drizzle although it's hard to tell if it's drizzling or not. It's 9:00 and I was only out for 15 minutes. I started out on an inviting smooth lake but just as I launched my kayak, it began to drizzle, then rain and the wind picked up so I was out for only 15 minutes. I just looked at the bird feeder and no squirrel but a chipmunk helping himself to the seeds. I knocked on the window to no avail and had to open the window and stick out my arm to frighten him away. He'll be back. 

Kayak Morning

Into The Rain

Yesterday was a wasted day because neither of us had much mojo and despite the blue skies and sun. It was a perfect morning for a paddle and I was out for close to an hour and if you saw my blog from yesterday, you would have seen photos of the two bald eagles in our neighbors' trees. I didn't get back until 9:30 so the blog was up late. I then had breakfast and had one chore before I could relax. One of our kitchen drawers broke and because I am so handy, it took me a good 15 minutes to get it fixed, always an onerous task.  Let's hope it lasts.

An Annoying Squirrel

A Fearless Chipmunk

Around 11:30, I walked around the neighborhood picked up the mail, and received a great postcard from Russ and Martha. Russ was a teammate on the Ohio University basketball team. They have followed my blog and noticed that we are great fans of the HGTV series called Hometown, set in Laurel, MS. Well, they were on a road trip, stopped in Laurel and thought of us, and sent a great postcard, telling us about their visit. What a cool surprise. 

Postcard

Lunch was a couple of roast beef sandwiches, with lots of horseradish, compliments of Evie. And I started a new show on Netflix called Godless, a modern western shoot'em up with Jeff Bridges and Sam Waterson. It's not my favorite but I will stick with it. After lunch, I read my spy thriller, Judas 62. This time, Lackie, a 22-year-old MI6 recruit, must sneak a nuclear scientist out of  Russia. I think he might be successful. Of course, I also napped then because it was so warm and sunny outside, I sunbathed in the sideyard with Evie mid-afternoon. 

Before the happy hour, Evie pounded out some chicken thighs, sauteed them, made a tasty spinach cream sauce, and put them in the oven to bake while we enjoyed our wine and listened to the evening news. Dinner was chicken along with rice and a salad and we watched a couple of more episodes of Last Tango In Halifax as it becomes more and more like a soap opera, as my buddy Mac would say, "Moose shit but delicious." It was strange not having a basketball game to watch. After some of the news, we went up to bed. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...