Saturday, April 6, 2024

Saturday Blues

6:57

8:10

9:27

It's another blah sort of morning, mostly gray with temperature in the 30s. A few finches are at the feeder and nary a duck on the lake at the moment. I probably could get in a paddle but I don't feel like it, the lake is choppy and uninviting. Wow, I just saw another heron fly by so they are back. It's just about 9:00 and I made the mistake of going for a paddle. I thought why be a wimp, get out there and enjoy the lake. I didn't realize, however, the lake level had risen so when I stepped in the lake to get my kayak, the waves filled both boots with ice cold water. I wasn't going to let that stop me so I sat in my kayak, raised my boot to get out the water, and poured it over my legs. Perfect. At least the water was mostly out of my boots and my feet were cold but not frozen so I paddled down Woodlawn and back, for  15 minutes until I smartly decided to give it up and came in. My feet are warming up now in my Ugg boots as I finish this on not the best of mornings. 

Kayak Morning

Northern Sky

Yesterday was a strange day because we got a wet snow on and off during the day, the kind that melts as it hits the ground. I was up early, had my coffee and wrote the blog by 8:30 and drove to yoga at 9:40. I was the only one taking the class and decided to bag it because my back was still sore. It was fine with Grace so I left for the coffee shop and sat around talking with the guys for a half hour. 

After my coffee klatch, I drove to Wegman's for my bi-weekly shopping spree. Like most people these days, I am shocked at my grocery bill and wonder how some can afford to eat. Clearly, it's all Biden's fault. I was home by noon and wanted to finish my one chore, checking under the crawl space to ensure the dishwasher was hooked up correctly earlier in the week. It was despite there still being puddles of water in the crawl space. Lunch was the last of the avocados, on a bagel with tomato and the last of the mushroom barley soup. I am still watching my series on AppleTV+, Blackbird, but am getting bored with it. After lunch, I finished my book, Vermillion Drift by William Kent Krueger and it was not my favorite, a bit too long and drawn out. 

Around 5:30, Evie prepped our dinner, lemon chicken and put it in the oven and let it bake while we enjoyed our wine time. We have not had it in a while so it really tasted good along with rice, brussel sprouts, and a salad. We watched a couple of episodes of Last Tango In Halifax, then the South Carolina/North Carolina State game, waiting for the match up between UCONN and Iowa. I stayed up until 11:30 although I was tempted to save the game and watch it this morning. Neither team played well, had lots of turnovers, and it was just not that much fun to watch, mainly because Caitlin Clark had a bad game. We have been so used to her pouring in thirty or forty points that when she struggles, we get bored. Iowa eked out a two-point victory on a controversial last-minute blocking foul and will play South Carolina Sunday for the championship. South Carolina looked unbeatable so Caitlin will have to have another forty-point game if they hope to win. They did it last year and maybe will do it again. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...