Tuesday, April 16, 2024

Good Morning Sunshine

6:36

6:46

8:36

It's been a while since I woke to a sunrise. At the moment, it's filling our living room with its light and I love it. I forget what its like after a few days of Chautauqua gray. It's 40º but should get up into the 60s late in the day. It's 8:45 and I was on a spectacular morning for forty-five minutes, my usual paddle, over to Long Point, back to Sandy Bottom, and along Woodlawn. 

Kayak Morning

Long Point

Bemus Bay

 North

Yesterday was an unexpected day, busy and productive. It started out with a long paddle, over an hour to both Long Point and Tom's Point. The skies were cloudy early but by 10:00, the sun came out for the day. After the blog and breakfast, I was not sure what to do, whether to go for a walk or stick around and get something done in the yard. I finally decided on the yard and along with Evie, we worked in the backyard for a good hour or two, raking and trimming the trees in our backyard. The weather was perfect so that all I needed was a long sleeve shirt and surprisingly, I was met by a flurry of Admiral butterflies near the Japonicas. We paused around 12:30 and I had lunch, Evie's soup and some pizza from the freezer. 


Red Admiral On Pieris Japonica Bush

It felt good, then, to relax with a book and take a nap. After my nap, neither of us felt like wasting the day, so we were back out in the back and side yards, trimming and raking, finally filling three trash cans with leaves and twigs and I took them up the hill. Before coming out and helping me, Evie put together our dinner, chicken koftes with Turkish spices for grilling. We finally stopped around 4:30 and by 5:30, we enjoyed relaxing with a glass of wine, always something to look forward to at the end of the day. Around 6:30, Evie grilled the koftes in the air fryer and toasted pita bread while I tried to make a Tzatziki sauce for the chicken koftes. We had the pita, topped with the koftes, with lettuce, tomatoes, and the Tzatziki sauce. It reminded us of our lamb koftes, just healthier I suppose. We watched the final episode of Last Tango In Halifax and were surprised that it ended with a whimper, not a bang, as if they just said, let's end it. 

We then watched a half hour of the WNBA draft, surprised by how each draftee was dressed like a model on the runway. We ended the night with some humor by the comparisons between CNN and Fox News. CNN had Anderson Cooper interviewing historian Doris Kearns Goodwin discussing her new book and the importance of democracy while FoxNews Jesse Waters had Dog The Bounty Hunter on, discussing catching illegal aliens with force and his conversion to Jesus, bringing him to tears. What a joke. At least we ended the night with a laugh. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...