Friday, April 26, 2024

Another Fine Morning

 

6:47

6:47

7:56

It's 7:35 and I woke an hour ago to a bright sun and cloudless sky, just like yesterday. It was 32º when I woke and the wind is picking up as I looked out the window although I still would be able to kayak. It's 9:00 and I was out paddling for 35 minutes, into a fairly stiff wind heading south, then a leisurely paddle home, but best of all, I had my first sighting of an osprey here at the lake,

Kayak Morning

Northern Blue

Victoria/Woodlawn

Osprey

Yesterday was a strange day, starting with an early rising, and then breakfast in Bemus. After breakfast, I decided to skip yoga and went out for a late paddle, the lake calm and inviting. I was back by 10:00 and started to feel nauseous for some reason and was glad I skipped yoga. I felt that way on and off the rest of the day but was able to get things done. I passed on lunch, deciding to keep hydrated and not worry about eating. 

After a nap, around 2:00, we both went outside and worked in Evie's garden for at least an hour. Evie wanted a hosta split and also moved, so I dug it up, split it four ways, and moved all four pieces under a tree in the shade. We also cleaned the flower beds, getting rid of leaves and weeds until we got tired and had enough. I did relax on a chaise lounge in the sideyard for a bit, enjoying the sun. It felt good to have gotten something done and be outside. 

We had a happy hour but made the mistake of listening to the always-depressing news, usually about Trump who is out of sight but everywhere, the Middle East, and protests on college campuses. Neither of us was hungry and I suggested just having baked potatoes, which sounded good. So along with a salad, we had baked potatoes and it was just right. I had three, topped with sour cream or yogurt. We binge-watched Ripley, three episodes, and have one more to go tonight. Will he avoid the clutches of the police or finally get caught? After Evie went up to bed, I watched the fourth quarter of the Knicks/76ers game, a slugfest eventually won by Philadelphia. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...