Wednesday, April 24, 2024

A Good Morning For Ducks

 

7:09

8:36

It's been drizzling since I got up at 7:00 on a dreary, gray morning here on Chautauqua Lake. It's a surprisingly warm 46º as the temperatures seem to go up and down, with a low of 30º tomorrow morning. It doesn't look like it's been raining for the past half hour but I know if I went out kayaking, it would begin again.

Tuesday was a busy day for Evie, the usual for me. I was up early and got in a forty-minute paddle, on a calm lake. Evie was up with me at 7:00 and was showering when I returned home from a paddle. After breakfast and the blog, I left for yoga with Evie not much later because she was again spending the day with a kindergarten class at Southwestern Elementary School, about a 20-minute drive. Yoga class was the usual group along with our former teacher Julie, back from five weeks in North Carolina. It was fun to see her. The class was interesting because it was not the same; I like variety when I can't anticipate the next pose. After class, I came straight home because Evie was going to Wegman's after her class. 

It's strange coming home to an empty house. Fortunately, we had leftover chicken with mushrooms, artichokes, and rice so I heated it up and enjoyed lunch as I watched the last episode of Godless. I then read some, napped a bit, and read some more until Evie came home, around 3:00 and helped her unload the groceries. She was a bad girl, having brought home a box of four jelly donuts. We could not resist and each ate one, the powered sugar covering my fleece. 

Once the groceries were put away, Evie watched her show and I read until 5:00 when Evie had a Zoom call with her three sisters. After the call, we relaxed with a glass of wine and listened to the news even though much of it was about Trump's every look, gesture, thought, or word. Enough! Who cares, let's get on with the trial, with substance. We knew Evie is exhausted on a teaching day so dinner was easy, sliced roast beef from Wegmans on kimmelwick buns. With tomatoes, mayo, and horseradish, I was a happy boy. We watched The Daily Show with Jon Stewart, then two episodes of Ripley and we are finally getting into it even though we dislike the Tom Ripley character. He lacks charm, never smiles, and just is unappealing. Evie was tired from her day and went to bed around 9:00 and I followed her at 10:00 after watching some NBA playoffs. The intensity level of these games is a notch below a fight or a brawl. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...