Monday, April 29, 2024

Porch Time

Porch Life

6:55

It's later than usual as I start this blog, 9;35, mainly because I was out for over an hour on a great morning. It started out hazy but sunny, then cloudy but now mostly blue skies. As I was paddling across the lake from Long Point, I noticed two white dots in the trees along Sandy Bottom. As I got close, I realized they were bald eagles. Unfortunately, just as I pulled out my camera, they flew off. On way way home, however, two osprey circled the tree line, settled on a branch and I was able to shoot a photo of both.

Kayak Morning

Amazing Clouds

In To The Sun

Wood Duck


Osprey


Osprey

Yesterday began with a good paddle and talking with my morning kayak friends, Tina and Jim. When I returned home, we finished the blog and then planned our day because we were having Linda and Ron over for dinner. Evie had things to do in the kitchen,  getting ready for dinner. Our big project, however, was to open the front porch and clean it which took a good forty-five minutes but it was worth it. I also cleaned the back porch and vacuumed the living room. Having company once a week ensures that the house gets a good cleaning. Once we were done with the porches, Evie made me scrambled eggs and toast which is fast becoming a favorite breakfast. 

Dinner

I then took a nap, read some as usual, and helped Evie some in the kitchen as she prepped our dinner. We were both able to relax much of the afternoon and by 6:00, we were showered and ready for our friends. We were excited to have our bloody marys, brie and crackers, on the front porch, the first time since October. It was a perfect night sit-out, mild and scenic, with the blue sky and lake, a few ducks floating by. By 7;30, we were enjoying ham, asparagus, salad, and twice-baked potatoes. Yum. For dessert, we had carrot cake and we stayed at the dinner table, enjoying the last of the wine and talking until 9:30. After they left, Evie was tired and went up to bed while I cleaned up the kitchen, watched some basketball, and read before bed.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...