Thursday, April 18, 2024

Gray, Gray, Gray

6:46

9:07

Well, I forgot to publish the blog Wednesday until after 12:00 like an idiot. Get used to it. This morning is overcast, the lake and sky are both gray, the lake nice and calm. I won't be out there kayaking because I have breakfast in Bemus, then yoga. It's 9:15 and I just returned from the Lake Life Cafe and had a delicious everything bagle with sausage and cheese, a good start to the morning. 

Yesterday was back to routine, to normal, to what I like to do each morning.  First, get up early and enjoy my coffee but early enough to get in a decent paddle. Then, come home and finish the blog and have breakfast, homemade granola, yogurt and blueberries. I usually make her a second cup of coffee if Evie's up, like this morning. That's my morning before I drive off to yoga in Lakweood at 10:00. Class is always small on Wednesday and there were just two of us but that's not a problem. After class, I stopped at Aldis and picked up some goodies for the rest of the week, especially a couple of packages of lamb chops which I had been craving. Yum.

When I returned home, Evie had been busy tearing the kitchen apart but had time to make me lunch, a turkey sandwich on toast along with her veggie soup. I was happy, enjoying lunch and watching my show. The afternoon was overcast although unseasonably warm but we stayed inside, doing what we usually do on winter and spring afternoons, reading, napping, watching TV, and occasionally getting something done which, for Evie, was washing and drying clothes.

By 6:00, we were walking down to our neighbors because seven of us were going over to the Viking for dinner. It was crowded because of a meeting so we had to wait in line at the bar for our beers, at the kitchen to order our dinners. It was a fun night as we don't usually have seven of us at the Viking so there was lots to talk about. 

Dining At The Viking Club With The Hood

We stayed until 8:30, among the last to leave. Evie was pooped when we got home and went up to bed. I stayed up and watched an NBA game before joining her. Before going to bed, I made the mistake of turning on Fox News and listening to Hannity talk about Biden's policy toward Israel. You would have thought he was the second coming of Adolph Hitler. Disgusting. You can have differences of opinion but not Hannity or Fox News. It has to be extreme, nonsensical, firing up the Maga base who seem to believe anything he says. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...