Wednesday, April 17, 2024

Morning Drizzle

8:07

It's 52º at 8:00 and drizzling. I doubt if I will kayak but will check on the weather in a half hour to see if the drizzle has stopped. I admit to not being very interested in a paddle. A year ago I would already be out there. Well, I did it, not a wimp. I went out for just under 25 minutes, in an occasional drizzle but mostly it was fine. Glad I did it. 

Cold Feet

Kayak Morning

A Pair Of Migrating Greater Scaups

Yesterday was a good day, something I have not said recently. It began with a forty-five minute paddle with lots of sunshine, the best way to start my day. After the blog and breakfast, I was off to a good yoga class, with four gals, the regulars like me. After class, I drove into Jamestown, to my tax gal, and I may be getting a thousand-dollar return from the IRS from some mixups in 2022. I am not counting on it.  I then did a quick stop at both Wegmans and Evans Wine before driving home. While I was gone, Evie volunteered at Southwestern Schools, helping in their kindergarten class from 10:00 to 1:30. The kids loved it of course, all wanting to hold her hand, but sad when she had to leave at 1:30. She will be volunteering on Tuesdays and Thursdays. 

So, I had to make my lunch! What a bummer. Fortunately, Evie had a pot of veggie soup in the refrigerator which I heated up and I made myself a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. I am watching my Western. Godless, and it's decent. I then took advantage of the quiet and napped, then read until Evie came home, having stopped at Wegmans after volunteering. It was fun listening to her describe the class, well mannered and darling for the most part, and enjoyed having her there to give them some extra attention. For some reason, I felt like doing something, so I changed the oil on the lawn mower, powered it up, and mowed the front yard which needed it because of all the rain the past couple of weeks.

We enjoyed happy hour, the beauty of a late, sunny afternoon, and the lake a brilliant lapis lazuli. Dinner was the leftover chicken kebabs, set on pita bread, topped with tomato sauce and yogurt. Yum. We started a film called A Beautiful Game but after 15 minutes we were bored, knew how it would end, and moved on to something else. I can't even remember what it was but it filled the evening along with the news until it was time for bed. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...