Saturday, April 27, 2024

Not So Fine Of A Morning

6:51

7:33

Well, stormy weather greeted me this morning when I got up, with rain and a howling wind. Strangely, it's 49º after waking to 29º a day or two ago. Clearly, I will not be out kayaking this morning and I assume no fishing boats will be out unless it clears up. I just heard thunder so it may be a while. A good way to start your day is to go to the NPR website and listen to their Tiny Desk Concert. This morning it was Iron and Wine. 

8:27

8:39

Yesterday was a sunny and blue Friday, a vivid contrast to this morning. I  got in a good paddle even though the wind picked up when I got out there. We had no real plans for the day other than yoga and some shopping for me and spending time with kindergarteners for Evie. I think she had the more demanding activity. Yoga was fine, just two of us and Grace, and then I was off to Wegmans's for a quick run-through, just picking up a few things. It seems like that's become part of my day when I have yoga. I must need a Wegman's fix a couple of times a week. In fact, I will be heading back this morning, just cannot stay away. 

I had to fix my own lunch since Evie was "working"...bummer. So I picked up a bowl of clam chowder soup from Wegmans and had it along with a couple of turkey sandwiches on brioche rolls. I picked up where I left off on Shogun but still am lost, trying to figure out who is who. As you know, all Asians look alike. I then read some and briefly napped until Evie returned home from school. We both relaxed until 3:00 when Evie wanted to mow the lawn so I got it out of the garage, gassed it up and she began mowing after engaging with five-year-olds... Wonder Woman. She mowed for 20 minutes and then I took over for a bit until she wanted to finish it up. It looks grand. After finishing, we sat out in our Adirondack chairs for a bit, marveling at the lake's blueness.

After washing some red potatoes and putting them in the oven, we adjourned to the living room with a glass of wine. The news never seems to change since Trump went to trial and it becomes not only boring but repetitious. The potential for a full-scale war in the Middle East was relegated to old news and hardly discussed. By 6:30, we were enjoying shisman (fat boy) pork chops, potatoes, salad, and applesauce while watching the final episode of Ripley and the ending was as we predicted. We then watched Caitlin Collin's interview with Bill Barr. What a disgusting hypocrite, almost as despicable as Trump. Where do these guys come from? We then watched some junk TV, and a couple of episodes of My Lottery Dream Home until Evie went up to bed and I watched a few minutes of basketball. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...