Tuesday, April 2, 2024

Windy, Gray, And Wet

6:53

7:08

9:01

It's a nasty Spring morning and not a kayak morning. I have no desire to get out there, mostly because of the rain and wind and it's supposed to continue for the next couple of days, perhaps bringing some snow. 

Yesterday was a good day overall. I got in a good paddle, was able to shoot some loons, and by 9:15, the blog was written and I was on my way to play pickleball in Mayville. This is my second time playing this year so I am still learning. I played better this time although I continue to make silly mistakes, hitting the ball on the fly when I should let it bounce. It was fun, however, and I liked all the players, easygoing and not overly competitive. So I won as many matches as I lost which was an improvement from last time. 

I was home by 11:15 to help Evie with some chores before lunch, a couple of avocado sandwiches with mushroom barley soup. I watched another episode of my series, Blackbird on AppleTV+ and it's getting better. Because I was up early, just after 6:00, I easily fell asleep while reading and napped for close to an hour, the envy of Evie who can never nap. After my nap, I felt like doing something and because the sun was out, I spent a half hour picking up deadfall and taking it up the hill to the woodpile. I also put my snow shovels in the garage attic, challenging the weather gods to snow. They may win and I will be pulling them out again. Around 4:00, I drove to Mayville because I left my favorite hat at the pickleball gym, then stopped at the wine store as well as Tops to play Powerball and pick up some goodies. 

When I returned, we relaxed with a glass of wine and listened to the news, as dinner, pasta and meatballs were heating up. By 6:45, we were enjoying our dinner, with a salad, waiting for the Iowa/LSU game to begin. For the next two hours, we agonized as Iowa slowly built a lead and ended up beating LSU. It's bizarre how both of us have become rabid Iowa fans, partly because Caitlin Clark is so much fun to watch. The game was intense, with most fans sitting on the edge of there seats like us, hoping for their team to win. LSU may have been more talented overall but they did not have a Caitlin Clark. She had to have a  great game for Iowa to win and she did, scoring 41 points on 9 three-pointers, with 12 assists. Both teams played hard but respected each other, with no fights, no finger-pointing despite the media frenzy leading up to the game.  We then watched the first quarter of the UCONN/Southern Cal game but it lacked, at least to us, the intensity of  the Iowa game and we went up to bed. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...