Thursday, April 25, 2024

A Chillly 29º And Sunny

6:49

9:10

Well, it's a sunny morning, a Thursday and I have breakfast in a half hour so I skipped kayaking this morning although I felt guilty because it's such a beautiful morning. Maybe I will get out there this afternoon, but it will probably be windy by then. It's 9:15 and I just returned from breakfast in Bemus at the Lake Life Cafe. I decided to skip yoga and go for a kayak paddle at 9:30 for forty minutes on a sunny morning.
Kayak Morning

Sandy Bottom

Blue Skies Over Victoria/Woodlawn

Not much different happened on Wednesday, in fact, most days. Because of rain, and occasional drizzle I skipped kayaking and stayed dry and comfy in our living room. I had plenty of time to read the NYTimes and Washington Post, or rather, to skim them, have breakfast and finish the blog. By 9:40, I have to be out of here and on my way to yoga. Class was the same as usual with Grace and just four of us made it to class. I stopped at Ryders Cup on the way home and Dave, a regular over the past few years, finally showed up. He had been having health problems, a three-week stay in the hospital, so he was just beginning to get back into routine. It was good to see him up and out walking in the village. And being the good husband that I am, or try to be, I picked up some tulips and brought them home to Evie to bring some joy to her life, the mantra from our yoga class yesterday. 

Heron In Our Front Yard

Lunch was the last of the roast beef on a kimmelwick bun and I finished my series, Godless, and started watching the second episode of Shogun but did not get too far. The afternoon went quickly and neither of us ventured outside because of the drizzle and gray skies. I read and napped and Evie got a few things done but basically, we had a leisurely afternoon until 5:00 when we both showered and got ready to pick up our neighbors at 6:00 and drive to the Viking Club. We were lucky to find a table for our group, all seven of us and Wednesdays at the Viking with neighbors is becoming a habit, a good one. They have a drawing each night and Barb was chosen to see if she won the jackpot of around $7000.00 bucks but, alas, she picked the wrong card. Next week. I had a Viking burger and Evie a salad and all of us were satisfied with our food, decent fair, not great. It was a fun night with neighbors and we were on our way home by 8:30. We watched the news on CNN, Kaitlan Collin's interview with Cassidy Hutchison, a former top aide to Mark Meadows, one of the first truth-tellers. She is impressive.  And I ended the night with basketball before bed. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...