Sunday, April 7, 2024

O What A Beautiful Morning

Kayaking In Blue

7:23

7:23

7:53

It's later than usual as I start this, 9:35, mostly because I was out paddling for over an hour, to Long Point, back to the Power Boat Club and home. The lake was amazingly calm and blue as was the sky. I had to wear sunglasses when paddling south, into the sun and along the Wells Bay shoreline, I saw my first wood duck, scrabbling along the shore. Even though I wore my Krocs kayaking, thus getting my feet wet when I launched the kayak, it was a good morning.

Kayak Morning

Long Point

Cold Feet

Male Wood Duck

Female Wood Duck

Merganser

Yesterday was a decent day although my kayaking was a disaster because my boots filled with water. Other than that, it was a typical morning of a good paddle, then writing the blog and breakfast. By 10:30, we had the trash gathered and I was going to the Transfer Station. When I returned, I knew if I didn't get in a walk, I never would so I put on my boots and walked the Woodlawn and Victoria woods, for 35 minutes. It felt good to have gotten in, that I didn't waste the day watching TV and reading.

Victoria/Woodlawn At 11:45

Lunch was easy, the leftover lemon chicken and rice and I finally finished my series, Blackbird, which seemed to end abruptly. Evie prepped some of our moussaka dinner for Monday and will finish it up today and I had my normal afternoon, reading and napping, until I took off to the Lighthouse Grocery to pick up some chips and dip and a couple of donuts, to make the rest of our afternoon unhealthy but delicious. 

Early Spring Or Late Fall?

We enjoyed a happy hour with chips and dip and a Manhattan. After all, it's the weekend right. We planned on an easy dinner because of the basketball games, sliced roasted beef from Wegmans on Weck buns. The sandwiches were delicious along with chips and we watched both semi-final men's games, as Purdue finally pulled it out towards the end as did UCONN. So the two tops seeds will meet in the finals on Monday night. Today, at 3:00, we get to watch the women's finals, Iowa vs. South Carolina. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...