Friday, April 19, 2024

Windy And Drizzling

6:55

7:53

8:37

I woke at 6:40 to a drizzle and a choppy lake. So I won't be kayaking this morning which is fine because I was not looking forward to it. It's 51º and should stay in the 50s and cloudy the rest of the day. 

Thursday was a good day, starting with breakfast in Bemus, always fun. My breakfast doesn't vary much except for the kind of bread I have on my sandwich, either an English muffin, bagel, or croissant. It's tough making that kind of decision so early in the morning. Yesterday was an everything bagel if anyone cares. I was home by 9:15 and Evie was showered and dressed, ready to head off to her morning with kindergarteners. I left for yoga at 10:00 with Danielle and it's always crowded so I had to find a spot in the front of the class, the least desirable place for your mat. Thursday's is Yin Yoga, easy and we never stand, just hold poses for three or four minutes. After class, I drove to a busy Walmart and picked up some goodies for a taco dinner, something we both wanted. I also went crazy and bought a package of three boxers as well as white socks. It was a whim because I certainly don't need either. 

When I got home, it was 12:30 and Evie had thoughtfully made my lunch, egg salad, before leaving for school. So I toasted some bread for the egg salad and heated up a bowl of veggie soup and watched my show, Godless, which I am starting to enjoy after four episodes. I do not enjoy my book as much as I would have liked because I know the main character will get killed, despite his innocence but the novelist is making us wait until the end.

Of course, I napped and when I woke, Evie was back from class.  She regaled me with the delightful kindergarteners and the teacher had to explain to them who was going to hold Grandma Evie's hand so they wouldn't fight over her. It's nice to be wanted. Late afternoon, I wanted to go for a walk in the Victoria woods and see where Pine Hill had begun selective cutting of the trees in the area behind their cabins. 

Spring Daffodils

Victoria Creek

Downed Trees

After my walk, we relaxed with a glass of wine and listened to the news, mostly about Trump. This morning I woke to the news that Israel retaliated against Iran so that will be the story of the day along with Trump of course. Around 6:15, Evie browned some ground beef, added the taco mix and heated up the taco shells. She then made us taco salads, with all the fixings, beef, taco shells, tomatoes, lettuce avocadoes and sour cream. Yum. We started a new series on Hulu based on a novel we loved, Shogun, but were not taken with the series although the setting and action, set in Japan in the 1600s, was striking. We ended up watching Colbert and Real Time With Bill Maher before bed. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...