Monday, April 22, 2024

A Blinding Sunny Morning.

6:57

9:17

I knew it was sunny when I woke to a bedroom filled with light.  And when I walked downstairs, the living room was filled with sun as well. Surprisingly, it's 32º out and I had to bring my lake footies in because they were frozen. The lake is absolutely stunning, no ripples, just a sheet of glass, waiting for me to kayak. It's 7:55 as I finish this and Evie is still sleeping and I am going to go for a paddle. Hope my footies are not frozen. It's 9:30 and I was out kayaking for close to an hour, north to Whitney Bay and back to Victoria and home. What a gorgeous morning on the lake, sun, blue skies, and a light wind. 

Kayak Morning

Blue On Blue

Yesterday was our typical Sunday. We had a long coffee as we had no plans for the day. I did get in a forty-five-minute paddle before breakfast. Because the pipe underneath our sink is leaking, we have to be careful with water which is a pain. The plumber should be coming by today or tomorrow to fix it. Mid-morning, Evie showered and got ready for our walk around the Chautauqua Institution. We left around 11:30, later than usual and parked in Bestor Plaza instead of the south-end parking lot, a change of pace. We then walked the north end, marveling at some of the new homes going up, especially one at the north end of the lake. It must be in the millions. Contractors have until June 20th to get their work done and then they are banned until September. We walked for close to an hour, taking our time, enjoying the beginnings of Spring, a few wildflowers and trees and bushes beginning to bud. 

We were home having breakfast by 1:00. For me, a bagel with egg and avocado, for Evie the leftover eggplant parm from Friday night. We watched a CBS Sunday morning, always interesting because it rarely talks about politics. How refreshing. We then spent the afternoon as we usually do, with me reading or napping and Evie doing the same. It's not that we don't want to get outside but we do enjoy our leisure, especially as we get older. I watched some of the NBA playoffs on and off, just to see what was happening. By 5:30, we were back in our living room, enjoying the afternoon blue after a mostly cloudy morning. We are so fortunate to have this view of the lake, Long Point, the hills beyond, and the sky. 

By 6:30, Evie had grilled the salmon and made a salad, topped with the salmon, avocadoes and hard-boiled eggs, our favorite way to eat salmon. We decided to watch the much-ballyhooed series on Prime called Fallout, a post-apocalyptic world, based on a video game. We decided after the first episode it was not our kind of series and returned to the tried and true, an episode of Hometown. We watched some news then Evie went up to bed and I watched maybe a half hour of the NBA playoffs before joining her.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...