Sunday, April 28, 2024

63º And Overcast

7:59

It's 9:35 and I just returned from a forty-minute paddle, having gotten up later than usual. It was a good paddle because my kayak friends, Tina and Jim, were out paddling as well. They had a good winter but are happy to be back for mostly weekends until late fall. 

Kayak Morning

Tina And Jim

Yesterday was a miserable morning, a bit better in the afternoon. I obviously skipped paddling and wanted to get my shopping done early. So by 9:30, I had my list as I was off to Ryders Cup for a coffee and then on to Wegmans to shop for tonight's dinner with our friends, Linda and Ron. Wegmans was not as busy as usual but because they have changed their aisles, it took me just as long to get to the checkout. The checkout gal was great, asking me if I had done anything interesting and said I looked like a hiker so I recommended a couple of hikes for her. I was home by 11:30 in time to gather the trash and head off to the always busy Transfer Station. 

Once I was back, Evie made me a couple of turkey and cheese sandwiches as well as a noodle soup with chicken broth. I watched the rest of episode two of Shogun before switching to watching a few minutes of the Cav's eventual loss to Orlando. Of course, I then napped briefly and read my Don Winslow novel, City On Fire which, I fear, I read a few years ago. The afternoon cleared up some, but neither of us was interested in working outside, happy to read, watch TV, or watch basketball. 

Around 5:00, Evie roasted some eggplant in the air fryer and made a tomato sauce for the eggplant. We then relaxed with a glass of wine until we got hungry, around 6:30. We loved our eggplant pasta and a salad and vowed to make it more often. Evie researched some Ryan Gosling movies and we ended up with a political thriller called The Ides Of March with George Clooney. It echoes today's political scene with its hypocrisy and dirty tricks. It does not make you want to get involved in politics. We ended the night with Drives In, Diners and Dives, and a few minutes of basketball before bed. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...