Thursday, April 4, 2024

Who Stopped The Rain?

7:00

Bemus Point Farm At 7:45

9:12

It's 7:15 and both the rain and wind have stopped after 24 hours of rain, wet snow, and wind. Because it's Thursday and I have breakfast at 8:00, I don't have enough time to kayak although the lake this morning, of course, is calm and inviting. It's 9:20 as I finish the blog and have just returned from breakfast in Bemus Point. 

Yesterday as I mentioned above, was wet, with at least a couple of inches of rain during the day and wet snow during the night. The creeks were full, rushing towards the lake and the sky was dark. I had my usual morning of writing the blog and coffee and was off to play pickleball in Mayville by 9:15. I figured since I played on Monday, I must be better at it by playing on Wednesday. Wrong. I still make the same mistakes and alternate between a great play and a poor one. I don't think having played tennis has helped me much but I have only played maybe five times so I still hope to get better. Anyways, the players are great, don't take it too seriously and have fun. My team won one game out of four or five and we changed partners after each game.

No, you can't come in!

When I returned home, I had a stomachache and was not feeling well. So instead of lunch, I relaxed on the couch and eventually went up to bed and slept for an hour. I felt better when I woke and Evie made me scrambled eggs and toast which tasted good. We both then had our typical afternoon, reading, watching the birds and some TV until wine time. I skipped the wine while we listened to Jake and Wolf discuss the bad news of the day. Evie made a healthy vegetarian dinner of roasted cauliflower, potatoes, and chickpeas which were seasoned, then sprinkled with lemon juice and olive oil and served with rice and a tahini sauce. I enjoyed mine with a couple of dollops of yogurt and it was quite tasty. We watched Real Time With Bill Maher, always good for laughs and Colbert and ended the night with Bargain Block and some basketball. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...