Wednesday, April 3, 2024

More Of The Same: Wind And Rain

7:02

A windy morning, 18mph winds, gusts up to 40mph so no kayaking. I have been sitting here for an hour, watching the woodpeckers attack their food and I just saw a heron fly by so they are back on the lake.  I have an hour before I leave and today I am skipping yoga to play pickleball in Mayville. 

Mallards Resting On Shore

Yesterday was gray and wet, like today, so I looked forward to my morning class. Unfortunately, I forgot that Tuesday's class started at 9:30, not 10:00, so when I got there, class had already started. I quietly walked in, set up my mat and I did not interrupt class much. It felt good to be there and I left feeling much better, even my back. I stopped for coffee for the first time a ten days and learned that one of the regulars had been in the hospital which is why I haven't seen him in a couple of weeks. Now he's home so I hope to see him the next week.

The Modern Family

I was home around noon and Evie had been busy. I was not very hungry so I refused a sandwich and was happy to have her mushroom barley soup and watch my show. Meanwhile, Evie left and shopped at Wegmans and Aldi, running into a couple of friends. She was home by 3:00 and then, because of the weather, we hunkered down, like during the winter, with blankets and a couch, and read, napped, or watched TV until 5:00 when Evie had a Zoom call with her sisters. 

After the call, we enjoyed our happy hour listening to the news until it was time for dinner, a sausage and grits casserole topped with eggs, a favorite of mine. We watched Colbert and Jon Stewart and then another episode of a series set on the Lake Of The Ozarks. It's bad. Evie went to bed early so I watched some NBA games before I joined her around 10:00.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...