Friday, September 1, 2023

Heavy Fog And 50º


Blue Moon At 10:03 PM

8:33

10:01

It's 8:30 and I am still locked in by the heavy fog and I cannot see beyond the dock. I don't know how long I am going to have to sit here, listening to a Bill Simmons podcast and perusing a couple of newspapers. I just looked outside and the opposite shore just appeared, albeit the fog was moving down the lake. It's late, 10:18 as we finish. I waited for the fog to lift and was out for an hour. Fortunately, I watched both an eagle and an osprey alight up to a tree branch and was able to photograph both. I also noticed for the first time a bevy of Canadian Geese floating in the lake. Fall is coming.

Kayak Morning

A Leisurely Paddle

Bald Eagle

Osprey

Yesterday was another spectacular fall day, the last day of August. Blue skies and lake, high in the low 70s, and a light wind most of the day. And it was another busy day for me, another trifecta, the same for Evie, cutting the lawn, working in the garden, making dinner. The day started with a brief paddle, before driving over to Bemus Point for breakfast with friends. I was home by 9;15, finished the blog and drove to a Yin Yoga class where I was the only guy in a class of fifteen. I was tempted to stop for coffee but I had enough from breakfast so I drove straight home.

King Fisher On Our Umbrella

Same Guy

When I returned, Evie had been working the garden and was mowing the lawn, meaning I was on my own for lunch, alas. So I grabbed the leftover fish and orzo, popped it in the microwave, and I was happy, watching Jack Ryan for an hour. The afternoon was perfect for sitting outside, either reading or napping and Evie and I did both. Our neighbors were leaving for the weekend but Evie invited their kids over to go through the Treasure Chest. They loved it, of course, couldn't make up their minds, but had to because their parents wanted to get on their way. It was a riot. 

Treasure Box Excitement

By 3:30, I was on my way to Greenhurst to walk the Bentley Preserve and stop at Peterson's Farm for peaches, the real reason for my going. I didn't enjoy my walk much for some reason, just waited for it to get over. Fortunately, it took just a half hour. 

Bentley Creek

Beavers?

Signage

I was home by 5:00, joined Evie in the yard, with a glass of wine and we sat out there, enjoying the blue sky, and blue lake afternoon until 6:30 when Evie started dinner, a couple of boneless pork chops, baked potatoes, corn and salad. Evie chose the film because I was having bad luck choosing good ones. Well, her choice, Drive, with Ryan Gosling, was just as bad as any I chose so we need some recommendations since neither of us seems to be good at picking a film. We were happy to be back watching ER, same stories, same characters. 


Five O'Clock In The Afternoon Blue





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...