Saturday, September 16, 2023

Waiting For The Fog To Lift

7:10

8:59

10:10

It's 8:10 and I have been up for over an hour, on my Mac of course, and waiting for the fog to disappear so I can get out on the lake. It's chilly, 46º, like yesterday, and should be another amazing fall day with highs in the 60s and lots of sunshine. Well, I didn't get back from a paddle until after 10:00, having waited for the fog to lift. Right now, it's another spectacular morning of sun, blue skies, and blue lake

Kayak Morning

Clearing Up

North Towards Long Point

Hangin Above The Reeds

Like today, yesterday morning was foggy although I ventured out just as the fog was beginning to lift although, at times, I could hardly see the opposite shoreline. Still, it was a good paddle and safe because few if any boats were out. After breakfast and the blog, Evie wanted to pots around the house so I took my bike to Mayville, and biked Webbs Trail and Sea Lion Drive for an hour, a healthy way to fill up my morning. On the way home, I stopped at The Lighthouse for a chicken salad sub sandwich. 

Biking At The North End Of The Lake

Evie Of The Lake

When I got home, Evie was neglecting her kitchen duties and was out kayaking for a good forty-five minutes, enjoying the calm lake and sun. I don't blame her. I had my sandwich and soup and watched another cheesy episode of Winning Time, about the LA Laker's rise to prominence. I then did some reading, happy to get back to my book. It's nice to see a female character just as tough, violent, and revengeful as a male. By 2:30, we were out on the lake for a cruise over to Bemus and back. We waited maybe a half hour too long to get out there because it started to get windy and choppy, even cold, on our way back so we ended up coming home. When cruising Bemus Bay, we were shocked by the army of seagulls, at least 500 hundred dots of white, floating in the water.  We were out for close to an hour, just enough. 

We then spent the rest of the afternoon in the sideyard, away from the wind and in the sun, reading and Evie was talking on the telephone with my sister Ellen for a good half hour. It was luxurious to just do nothing, sit in the sun, read or nap, with nothing we had to do. 

Late Afternoon Shade And Sun

By 5:45, we were on the front porch enjoying a libation or two and appetizers and texting Tom and Jill, both were on a beach outside of Jacksonville, in Florida for a few days and the Chiefs game on Sunday. Around 7:00, Evie made a salad and heated up the leftovers, the broccoli and cheese sauce, the pizza, baked potatoes, and microwaved a couple of ears of corn. a cornucopia of food. We watched a couple of ER, some CNN, and HGTV before bed.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...