Tuesday, September 12, 2023

Parly Cloudy And 59º

7:09

8:32

It's 7:30 and I have been up for a half hour, having slept in until 7:00, a miracle. The sun was up when I woke but just now it hid behind the clouds and we may have a mostly cloudy day. It's 8:45, Evie's still sleeping and I just returned from a short, 30-minute paddle but was able to photograph three birds so it was a good morning. 


Kayak Morning

Overcast Northern Sky

Great Blue

Osprey

Cormorant

Yesterday was a good day as we both got in some exercise. I paddled of course and since I don't have yoga on Monday, we had a long coffee morning, with breakfast of course. By 10:15, however, we had made up our minds to walk at the Chautauqua Institution. It was a fine morning at the CI and we were out for about an hour. After our walk, I dropped Evie off at Rite Aid to get her second shingrix vaccination and I stopped at the doctor's office in Mayville for a blood test. I then drove back to get Evie who shopped briefly at Tops, next door to Rite Aid. So we had a busy but productive morning. getting in some exercise as well as getting a few things done.

Thunder Bridge

Evie made me a chicken sandwich when we returned and with a bowl of her veggie soup. I was happy to sit and watch a documentary on AppleTV+ called Underatered, about Stephen Curry. It's worth watching, especially his early career at Davidson when he looks like an 8th  grader playing Division I basketball. I am enjoying my book, Fractured, and took a delicious nap. We both took it easy until around 3:30 when Evie decided to mow the lawn which needed it and I drove off to get gas for the boat. While she mowed, I siphoned five gallons of gas into the boat and that should hold us through until we pull it out in early October. 

Around 5:30, we had wine time then at 6:30, adjourned to the kitchen to make dinner, an easy version of Korean bulgogi, using ground beef instead of steak. I had it over rice with kimchee and Evie put it in lettuce for a wrap. It was decent not great and a bit bland. We watched a couple of ER's waiting for the Buffalo Bills game to start. When the Jets star quarterback, Aaron Rodges, got hurt in the first series of plays, it looked as though the football gods were smiling on the Bills. But it was not to be as they lost in overtime. We had enough by the end of the third quarter and went to bed.  Neither team played well and it was a boring Monday night football game until the last play, a punt return for a touchdown in overtime. I am glad I was asleep, 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...