Saturday, September 9, 2023

Feels Like Fall

7:45

I woke to gray skies, a light breeze, and 58º, cool enough to want to put on a fleece. A few boats are out fishing but the lake's mostly empty. Highs in the low 70s all week. It's 9:40 and I paddled for forty minutes, down to Sandy Bottom, across to Long Point, and home. 

Kayak Morning

Great Blue Above The Reeds

Perched Along Bemus Bay

Kingfisher

Friday was one of those days you regret not doing much, especially not walking or biking. I did kayak, my one exercise of the day but that was it. Evie needed a few things from the store so I left around 10:00 and had coffee at Ryders Cup with a couple of friends. It was then on to Wegman's, to shop and get my second shingles shot. I had to wait for 15 minutes so I did most of my shopping, getting back to the pharmacy just as the pharmacist came out with the shot. I am not sure if there are any problems other than a sore arm, and for some, having flu like symptoms for a day or two. So far, I just feel tired and sore, either from yoga or perhaps the shot.

Lunch was a ham and cheese sandwich and while I was gone, Evie made a pot of her delicious vegetable soup, with lots of veggies and beans, and sweet potatoes. I loved it. I love it. I gave up on Swagger, too much swagger for me, and watched the second half of the Chief's loss to Detroit. I was then happy to get back to my book and the couch until 3:30 when I decided to get off my ocole and do something. To Evie's surprise, I washed the windows on the lakeside of our house. They are always filled with cobwebs and bugs and get most of the rain. 

By 5:00, we were showering and getting ready to go to the Rod and Gun for dinner. I had forgotten to renew my card but they accepted a check at the door and will have my card ready the next time we go for dinner. Evie fortunately found a seat at the bar although the place was crowded. We ordered a couple of beers, relaxed, and Evie gambled but for some reason, neither of us enjoyed our beer. We had a table in the dining room within 15 minutes, and ordered the fish fry as usual, with potatoes and cole slaw. And, again, for some reason, neither of us enjoyed our dinner although it was the same dinner we get on Fridays. Maybe we are getting too curmudgeonly and nothing satisfies us. Still, it was good to get out, to among happy people, most as old or older than us. We were home by 7:45 and decided to watch some tennis. In between sets, we watched an ER but really got into the match during the second set. Twenty-year-old Carlos Alcaraz was playing Russian Daniil Medvedev in the semifinals of the U.S. Open. Medvedev outlasted Alcaraz in four sets of spectacular returns and drops and the match was not over until 10:45 when we finally went up to bed.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...