Thursday, September 14, 2023

Getting Colder

6:45

6:56

7:05

9:06

Woke up this morning to 49º, quite a shock really because it's just mid-September, and fall is still a week away. Early, the sun was hidden behind a cloud bank but now, at 7:30, its in full bloom, filling the living room with its light. It's 9:05 and I just returned from breakfast in Bemus, having reluctantly skipped kayaking. Either I got up too late or was too lazy to get out there on the lake. 

Wednesday was typical, what else recently. It began with a long paddle on an empty lake, breakfast and the blog, and before leaving, Evie noticed our neighbor's sea doo was drifting, so I waded in the lake, pulled it back, and anchored it so it won't float away. I then drove to yoga class with Julie since Tara is hiking the Colorado Trail. It was a good class, of course, two guys and a few gals. I was tempted to stop for coffee but had to pick a few things up at Wegmans so I passed. After a quick run-through, I also picked up a couple bottles of wine at Evans since we finally finished a couple of cases from this summer. We need another trip to Trader Joe's to pick up more two-buck chuck, which is now seven-buck chuck.

Afternoon On Victoria

I was home later than usual, 12:30 and Evie decided to use the leftover mashed potatoes as pancakes and heat up the last of the chicken and gravy so I had a tasty lunch. I finished my documentary on Stephen Curry and am now in need of a new series. After lunch, I finished my book and started the newest Dennis Lehane novel, Small Mercies, set in Boston during the city's busing battles in the 1970s. Of course, I fell asleep reading for a half hour and woke refreshed for once. Evie had just been out for a walk in the neighborhood so I took her example, and walked the loop, up the hill, over to Victoria, down to the lake and home, just over a mile. It felt good to get out there and do something.

Soil Conservation On Victoria Creek

5:00 PM

Around 5:00, we relaxed with a glass of wine and Evie had dinner mostly made, a broccoli cheese sauce to put over baked potatoes. Earlier, I drove up the hill to pick up a dozen ears of corn, so we had a tasty vegetarian dinner. We found a new series we liked so far on Netflix, a German series called Dear Child. We ended the night with and episode of ER of course. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...