Friday, September 8, 2023

Drizzle And Gray Skies

6:33

It's 7:15 and I have been sitting here for an hour, waking first to a light rain and now the honking of Canadian geese. It's 63º and will get up to 70º later in the day as the heat wave seems to have dissipated. I paddled for a little over a half hour and as you can see from the photos, it was a misty gray outing, with a bit of drizzle thrown in.

Kayak Morning

Northern Sky

There's not much new to talk about yesterday, a Thursday. I did breakfast rather than paddle, so that's different but I then went to a crowded Yin Yoga class, arriving late and having a difficult time finding a spot for my mat. After class, I avoided Ryders Cup because I did not need another cup of coffee and came straight home. I was still full from my birthday dinner so Evie made me a single cheese sandwich for lunch and that sufficed.

The afternoon was a bore as it was overcast and we received some drizzle on and off. I opted to nap without much success and started a new Will Trent novel, Fractured, by Karin Slaughter. This is my second read by Slaughter and I like her work. Evie relaxed as well although she did mow part of the yard but stopped because of the drizzle. The afternoon went slowly because I had nothing to do or nothing I wanted to do so I just read, occasionally changing couches and views.  

By 5:30, we were back to our usual spot, our porch with a libation and a surprise for Evie. On my way home from yoga, I stopped and picked up Pringles which she covets. So we were happy on the porch, munching on chips and enjoying a glass of wine or two. Neither one of us wanted to fuss with dinner, so we fried up a couple of hot dogs, had a salad, and saved the Chiefs game so we could watch Coco Gauff's semifinal win in the US Open. We are able to view her match on ESPN+ but not on regular ESPN. We then watched the Chiefs game but by halftime, we had enough football for the night and went up to bed. Unfortunately, we found out this morning that the Chiefs lost 21-20. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...