Wednesday, September 13, 2023

Overcast And A Chilly 55º

7:26

It's 7:30 and I have been up for a little over a half hour. The sky is gunmetal gray, with a slash of light that the sun is trying to peek through. A heron was perched both on the shoreline and dock next door, looking for an early breakfast. I paddled for close to an hour, on a striking cloud morning. As I paddled home, Evie came running out to let me know our neighbor's seadoo was loose. I rescued it and tied it to their dock so they have no worries.

Kayak Morning Wow!

North

Juvenile Eagle

Finally, A Wood Duck

Yesterday was a typical Tuesday in many ways. First, I got in a decent paddle, shot some birds, finished the blog, and had breakfast by 9:10 when I headed off to yoga with Julie, a good class, always. Afterward, I stopped for coffee with the guys on Ryders Cup's porch. Paul's twin brother Mark was visiting for a few days and regaled us with his tales of managing shows like Wicked, Les Miserables, on Broadway as well as in various countries like France, Australia, and New Zealand. 

The Boys At Ryders Cup

I was home by 12:25 and Evie had been busy in her garden and doing the wash. She took time out to make me a ham and chicken sandwich and with her veggie soup and I was happy watching Underated about Stephen Curry. The afternoon was strange because it drizzled on and off, making it unattractive to get outside. So I read as usual and napped but by 4:00, I was ready to do something. So I went for a walk in the neighborhood while Evie worked out on her rebounder then talked to her sisters on Zoom.

By 6:00, we were on our way to pick up our neighbors, Pat and Dave, feeling righteous for having gotten in a workout and shower. We were going to our Tuesday go-to restaurant, Steenser Pub, which has a steak and fries special, two dinners for thirty-three bucks. We have been enjoying it for years and have watched the price rise from twenty-two bucks four years ago. Our steaks were good, the fries to die for and we sat around talking until 8:00. We drove home in the rain and by 8:15, were on our couches, watching another episode of ER and some CNN, keeping up with the bad news about weather, politics, and Trump. It was another good day in the neighborhood.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...