Thursday, August 31, 2023

Sunny, Blue Skies, And 51º

6:44

It's a beautiful morning, not a cloud in the sky, a bit windy and cold or cool, depending on the season I suppose. Not a boat is in sight, perhaps it's too cold. It's 9:20 and I just returned from breakfast in Bemus and was able to get in a short 15 minute paddle before breakfast on an amazing lake morning. 

Kayak Morning

Blue Skies

Yesterday was a trifecta for me for once, starting with a good, long paddle, on a chilly morning. After the kayaking, I finished the blog, had breakfast, talked with Evie and was on my way to yoga at 9:40. Our usual teacher is hiking the Colorado Trail so Danielle took over and her classes are always good, interesting, and fun. After class, I cashed a check at the bank, then hit Walmart for a few things that I probably didn't need except for a carton of milk. I was home by 12:30 and Evie made me lunch, toasted cheese and tomato sandwiches and I watched Jack Ryan, finally figuring out what's going on.

The afternoon was chilly and overcast so we did not sit outside, rather staying in and reading or watching TV or napping, our usual. By 3:00, however, I wanted to do something so I drove to the Chautauqua Institution with my bike, and rode around the grounds for close to an hour, admiring all the amazing front porches, the yards of flowers and bushes,  I took my time, sightseeing rather than racing. The season is over but at least half of the residents have stayed, probably until after Labor Day.

CI Lakefront

Washed Ashore

Sculpture Made Of Ocean Plastic

Thunder Bridge

Ocean Plastic Debris

When I  got home, I charged the Kia, something I do every other day, then relaxed with Evie in our living room with a glass of vino. For some reason, I wanted a lemony orzo for dinner, to go along with our fish, so Evie put together a recipe and we had a delicious dinner, breaded tilapia filets, lemon, corn, and cream orzo, along with a salad. We watched a film called The One I Love, about a marriage on the rocks and the couple's attempts to make it right. How they do it, however, is confusing and complicated so we still don't have much of an idea of what went on. Watch it and let us know. We ended the night with ER and Kaitlin on CNN. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...