Sunday, September 10, 2023

Not Much Of A Saturday

6:47

It's another gray, cool, lake morning. It's 7:15 but around 6:30, a fishing tournament began as bass boats roared around Long Point, off to spots north and south. It's 9:10 and I was out paddling for an hour, down Woodlawn, across to Long Point, then over to the Powerboat Club and home. I was able to shoot a couple of herons along Victoria and one strutting just off my neighbor's dock as I paddled to our shoreline. Perhaps there are too many heron shots but we couldn't decide which to leave out. 

Kayak Morning

North




Yesterday was a wasted day for me. I did get in a paddle and shot a couple of birds but after that, I started to feel lousy, with chills and achy, a result I think of my second shingrix vaccine. So I actually took a nap around 10:30 and read some. I felt a little better so I volunteered to take the trash to the Transfer Station, my one task of the day. The rest of the day I felt better, just not ready to do much other than charge the car, and change the channel.





I had a bowl of soup for lunch, then napped again so I must not have gotten much sleep the night before, less than five hours I think. At 4:00, we watched the U.S. Open women's final and 19-year-old American Coco Gauff won after losing the first set. She is amazingly quick and seems to return any shot from her opponent. It was a good way to spend the afternoon for both of us.

Earlier in the afternoon, Evie made a Peruvian marinate for a chicken that she had spatchcoked. She put it in the oven around 5:00 and by 6:30, the tennis match was over, I was feeling better, and we were ready for dinner. The chicken was excellent, especially with the special cilantro sauce, a Peruvian specialty. I could eat it on anything. We watched a couple of HGTV shows, where two guys renovate homes in poor neighborhoods of Detroit, then an ER before going to bed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...