Friday, September 29, 2023

A Lake Calm In Gray

Evie's Southern Belle Dahlia

7:03

The wind has finally died so the lake is smooth and gray, nary a boat yet, as a heron sits on our neighbor's dock. It's 54º, a perfect temperature for kayaking if I wear a fleece. It's 9:30 and all is well at the lake. I paddled for 50 minutes and had a good morning on the lake, shooting a couple of herons and a juvenile eagle.

Kayak Morning

North

North

Juvenile Eagle On Tip Of Long Point

Heron Above Sandy Bottom

Neighbor's Dock

Tufted Great Blue Heron

Yesterday was back to normal as my back feels much better. I did skip kayaking and instead went to breakfast in Bemus. But after, I drove to Yin Yoga at 10:00, 23 of us, just three guys. Class ended with 15 minutes of sound healing, as various sounds invaded the room. I found them annoying, not soothing so I don't think I will be taking a sound healing class. After class, I met a friend, Paul, at Ryders Cup and it was warm enough to sit out on the porch until noon when I stopped for some wine before coming home. 

When I returned home, the kitchen was chaos as Evie had been putting together various dishes because we were having friends over for dinner tonight as she likes to prep things ahead of time. She took time out to make me a couple of chicken sandwiches with my first taste of Duke's mayo. I can't say it was much different from Hellmann's. By 2:00, she was off to see Jaret for a hair trimming, then shopping, and finally, getting her Covid booster at Rite Aid, a busy day for Evie.  Meanwhile, I finished my Dismas Hardy novel, started a new John Sandford novel, and briefly napped. 

Woodlawn Road

Victoria Pond

Evie was home by 4:00, just as I was going for a walk around the Woodlawn/Victoria loop, just about a mile. We relaxed with a glass of wine at 5:00 and Evie had no worries about dinner having made  Salisbury steak in the morning. We enjoyed our Salisbury steak with mashed potatoes and a salad while watching another Bargain Basement show, then an episode of Unforgotten, recommended by my sister Ellen, and, a cheesy episode of The Morning Show. 

Victoria Creeks Attempts To Keep Silt/Run Off Out Of Lake


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...