Sunday, September 3, 2023

A Lazy September Saturday

6:19

6:48

6:55

6:56

Well, unfortunately, I was up at 5:55. Fortunately, it's been a beautiful morning and the sun just rose spectacularly at 6:55 so getting up so early isn't so bad. A few boats ahve been out since I go up but at at the moment, the lake looks empty. It's after 9:00 and I paddled over to Tom's Point and home, about an hour on the lake. I did not see any birds, probably because every spot where I usually see birds was busy with fishing boats. 

Kayak Morning

Northern Sky

Yesterday began well with a good paddle, as always, meeting my friends on the water kayaking and getting a few photos of birds. I then had the bright idea of getting some shopping done but quickly lost my mojo and decided to forget and wait until Sunday. That being said, neither of us was quick to get out and do something but eventually, I hooked up the sump pump so that we could draw water from the lake so Evie could water her garden. She spent a good part of the morning doing that, moving the hose from Dahlia to Dahlia and working in her garden. I  started decluttering the attic of my garage and ended up throwing away one thing. What a joke. Once I was done, I gathered the trash and was off to the Transfer Station, and as usual, I ran into someone I knew. This time it was Doug, our good friend from the Viking Club. 

When I returned home, Evie was ready to take a timeout from her watering and volunteered to make me BLTs for lunch, so I accepted. How generous of me. I have to say there's not a sandwich much better than a BLT so I was a happy boy, enjoying the bacon, tomato, mayo, and sourdough bread as I watched another complicated episode of Jack Ryan. Interestingly, mid-afternoon we got a phone call from Sam, a friend from the CI, inquiring about Colaos's, the restaurant we recommended on the blog, wondering if it might be a great place to celebrate his 54th anniversary. It was fun to talk with him and we hope he likes it as much as we did. Once lunch was over, we relaxed until 4:00 when Evie put together some appetizers for our Woodlawn picnic at 5:00, the third of the year. It's always fun and a good way to see neighbors who have been busy much of the summer with family. We have a brief meeting, talk about any problems, hear the Treasures report, then enjoy various appetizers and a libation. It lasts about an hour a good way at this time of the year to say goodbye to many who will be closing up their homes in the next month. 

We were home around 6:15, in time to enjoy a glass of wine on the porch as the lake quietened. By 7:30, we were enjoying a taco salad, compliments of Evie and watching a movie called Boiling Point, about an upscale restaurant in Great Britain. It got good reviews on Rotten Tomatoes so we spent four bucks downloading it on Prime. We were not crazy about it and stopped three-quarters of the way through, tired of their bitching at each other. It's very talky, often hard to understand, and makes you never want to work in a restaurant's kitchen. None of the staff was likeable either so it was hard to show much sympathy for any of the characters. We were happy to get back to ER, our predictable soap opera.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...