Wednesday, September 27, 2023

Mostly Gray, Some Wind

6:56

7:05

7:06

It's 7:40 and I have been up for an hour, enjoying the colorful early morning sky before the gray took over. It's a bit windy from the southeast and 54º.  I did get in a paddle for 40 minutes, on choppy seas, and managed to get a photo of a lonely heron, sitting on Jim and Tina's dock. 

Still Hanging Around

Yesterday was a bit of a bore because I skipped yoga because of my sore back. Strangely, I was most comfortable when I was out paddling on a windy morning. After kayaking, Evie finished up the blog and I went for my usual walk around the neighborhood with my bowl of yogurt and Evie's granola. Basically, Pine Hill is once again empty after a busy weekend because of the bass fishing tournament. Despite my discomfort, I wanted to go for a bike ride, went outside, and discovered once again the battery was dead in the Outback, for the second time in five days. So I called AAA and the same guy came out as last time and I was able to start my car. Once he left, I drove it to my mechanic, dropped it off for them to discover why a new battery keeps dying, and then Evie drove me home.

Evie left to do some shopping after dropping me off so I was on my own for lunch. I did not have any leftovers so I made myself a peanut butter and jelly sandwich and heated up some Lipton Noodle soup, kind of a throwback to the 50s lunch. I finished Season One of the Lakers series and was happy to get back to my book, The Ophelia Cut, the fourteenth in the Dismas Hardy series. Evie did not get home until 3:30 because she had a triple header, Wegmans, Aldis, and TJMaxx. Around 4:00, I went out to my boat only to discover muskrats were once again creating a mess of stones and shells on the shelf of the stern. I had tried putting a fishing line across the stern but it did not work so yesterday, I put a board across it, hoping that will discourage the suckers. I am afraid they might chew on one of the hoses. 

At 5:00, Evie had her Zoom call with her sisters, and around 6:30, we settled down in the TV room with our dinner, salmon, rice, corn, and a salad. Evie wanted to watch the Caitlin Jenner documentary on Netflix narrated by Olympic champion Bruce Jenner. It is worth watching as he makes clear, his discomfort with who he is most of his life, even when winning an Olympic gold medal. His journey to finding his real self makes for an interesting film. We then listened to Cassidy Hutchinson being interviewed by Jake Tapper. She comes across as courageous, articulate, and honest about her time in Trump's White House and it's probably the reason she has been in hiding for a year because of death threats from the Maga thugs. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...