Friday, September 22, 2023

Fog Rising On A Beautiful Morning



6:37

7:19

It's 7:00 and I have been up since 6:35, on a quiet lake morning so far. Off to the south, the fog is rising just above the water and the sun has yet to rise to the east. I have a doctor's appointment in Jamestown at 9:00 so I will be in a hurry this morning and hope to get in a short paddle. I just looked up and a heron skimmed by, just above the water, reminding me of 747, as he landed on our neighbor's dock. I am going to head out on the lake now, at 7:15 and the sun's up but hidden behind the clouds. It's after 8:00 and I was able to paddle for 35 minutes, down to Sandy Bottom and back. 

Kayak Morning

Northern Sky

Poised

Heron Strut

Yesterday was a day without kayaking because I did not have enough time to get out there before heading to breakfast with friends at 8:00. I was home by 9:15 and finished up the blog and then drove to Yin Yoga. The class was crowded as usual but good and I did not linger but came straight home. For lunch, I had another bowl of cauliflower soup and a salami sandwich, same as Wednesday's lunch. I watched my show, then was happy to get back to my book and take a brief nap although it was so nice outside, that I hated to waste the day inside napping.

Around 2:30, we decided the lake was too nice to ignore, with no wind and warm sun, one of those perfect fall lake days so we went for another boat ride over to Bemus, cruising the shore and home. Lake days like yesterday only happen a couple of times a year. I was having beers with the breakfast boys at 4:30, so after our boat ride, I took a quick dip in the lake to refresh, sunbathed on the dock until I was dry, then got dressed and headed to Dick's for our gathering. We usually sit in his barn but it was so nice out that he built a fire in a pit under a pear tree and there we sat and talked and drank beer until 6:00 when we all headed home, a good way to spend the afternoon


Evie was talking to our daughter Jill when I came home and had a dinner of leftovers already in the oven heating up, So we had a mixture of fried potatoes, Italian sausage, spinach, and mozzarella cheese for dinner and a salad. Waste not want not. We watched a couple episodes of the third season of The Morning Show with mixed feelings as it seemed to struggle with its story in the first two episodes. We also watched another ER as well before going up to bed. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...