Friday, September 15, 2023

Kayaking In Morning Fog



6:15

7:34

9:08

I was up at 6:00 and because of the dark and fog, could hardly see beyond our front yard. Now it's after 7:00 and I still can't see Long Point but can see our dock. It's chilly, 47º, and I already am wearing a fleece. It's 9:25 as I finish this and I was out in the fog for over an hour, keeping along the shoreline at first to the Powerboat Club, but then venturing out in the fog to Long Point and back home. At the moment, it's cleared up except for clouds over the Bemus shoreline. 

Kayak Morning

Paddling Towards Tom's Point

Northern Sky

Paddling Towards Long Point

Neighbors, Jim and Tina

On A Victoria Dock

Same Guy

Thursday began with breakfast in Bemus Point, rather than a paddle. I should have gotten in kayaking but was too lazy. After breakfast, I returned home, finished the blog and drove to Lakewood for a 10:00 Yin Yoga class and once again, I had a hard time finding a place for my yoga mat it was so crowded. I did not tarry but came straight home to a busy Evie who had a couple of projects going.

Lunch was the leftover bulgogi, rice, and kimchee and I returned to Winning Time on HBOMax, the story of the rise of the Los Angeles Lakers. It's entertaining but I am not sure of its accuracy. Once I was finished eating, I was happy to get back to my book, Dennis Lehane's Small Mercies. I did nap briefly but it was too nice outside so I joined Evie in the side yard and we both stayed there and read for a couple of hours it was so nice out, a perfect Fall day in September. Neither of us wanted to do anything but stay in the yard, but we were going out to dinner, so by 5:00, we were showering and getting ready to go out.

Linda and Ron picked us up at 6:00 and we debated whether it would be too cool to eat outside at Pace's Pizza in Jamestown. We actually started to order out on their patio but decided it would get too cool so we went back inside. It was a busy place for a Thursday night which was good to see. We always order the same thing, a large pepperoni pizza, which is enough for tonight's dinner as well as two salads, both for Evie. Linda and Ron are good and we made plans for dinner on Evie's birthday next Tuesday. lt was strange to drive home in the dark, realizing that summer is basically over and fall and winter are on their way. We were home in time to watch an episode of the new series from Germany called Dear Child. We ended the night with the HGTV series Bargain Block, always fun. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...