Thursday, September 28, 2023

Finally, The Sun Riseth

7:20

7:40

It's 7:28 and the sun rose about ten minutes ago, a welcome sight after the past cloudy days. I am skipping a paddle because of breakfast in Bemus, alas, but it's nice not to have to hurry. It's 9:20 and I just returned from breakfast in Bemus and ran into Bob, my friend from Ryders Cup. 

Yesterday I got in an early paddle, my usual, even though the lake was choppy, I then finished the blog, had breakfast, and went for my neighborhood walk. I should have gone to yoga because my back seemed to get better during the day but I didn't. I called my sister Ellen who is having in hip replacement this morning and she seemed in good spirits, just wanting to get it over with. Then,  I drove to Lakewood, to Ryders Cup, and sat on the porch with Paul and Greg, bemoaning our aches and pains as we age, nothing new. It was fun to talk with them, both Lakewood residents and Paul seems to know everyone who walks into the coffee shop. After my coffee, I stopped at the bank to get some cash, then did a quick run through Walmart, picking up some printer paper and a few other things. 

I didn't get home until 12:30, later than usual and for lunch, Evie used the rest of the salmon to make me a salmon salad, one of my favorites. I am now on the second season of the Lakers series called Winning Time. The rest of the afternoon was typical, wanting to do something but staying on the couch instead, reading with a heating pad. Around 5:45, I finished up the salmon salad and by 6:30, we were in the Chautauqua Lake gymnasium, watching our good friends Jack and Diane's daughter, Ava, play volley ball against their bitter rival, Panama. 


Ava

Unfortunately, they lost in three but all three games were close. It was fun to be in a gym again, with local fans, teenagers, and grandparents.  We drove home as a full moon seemed to light our way. We watched the usuals before bed and the debate briefly before it turned into a verbal slugfest and we could not stand listening to them any longer. They couldn't stand listening to each other either. 

The Moon

Yep, The Moon


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...