Wednesday, September 6, 2023

Sunny And Warm, Warm, Warm

6:59

8:50

It's a brilliantly sunny morning on another calm lake morning. I have yet to see a boat on the lake and the only sound is the hum of lake flies, the bane of late August and September. Well, it's 9:00 and I paddled on a  beautiful morning and photographed a heron, cormorant, osprey, and eagle and ran into another kayaker, Curt, a friend from Pine Hill.  It was a good morning.

Kayak Morning

North

Great Blue  

Osprey

Cormorant

Bald Eagle

Same Guy

Yesterday was not a favorite although the morning started out well with a good paddle, as always, breakfast, and the blog. By 9:30, I was in another fun yoga class although I did not have much mojo. After class, I checked out Ryders Cup but my friends were not there so I just went home. Because of the heat and humidity, Evie had done the minimal around the house and I don't blame her.

For lunch, I had the last of the pasta with mushrooms and sausage and instead of starting a new series, I watched some of the US's basketball game vs Italy in Manila. It was an easy win for the US after their loss to Lithuania a couple of days before. I then looked for a cool place to read, ending up in our air-conditioned bedroom for awhile. Evie found some shade in the yard but I found it was much cooler in the house on a couch. I finally finished my book, All The Missing Girls, then showered because I had a doctor's appointment in Erie at 4:00. Evie decided to go with me and we stopped at a great Erie Wegman's on the way home and didn't get back until after 6:00. 

We quickly poured a glass of wine and sat on our front porch, as it began to cool off, especially with the fan on full. Dinner was the leftover koftes from the night before with pita, tomato sauce, and yogurt. We watched an episode of the PBS series Endeavour but thought it was dated. So we went back to ER and watched an episode as well as some CNN and MSNBC before going up to bed. 

A July Family Celebration Of Today's Octogenarian


1 comment:

  1. Curt forgot to tell you Happy Birthday from us when he saw you on the lake. Have a fantastic day!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...