Saturday, September 23, 2023

Welcome Autumn, Adieu Summer

7:16

A Dork? 

It's an overcast morning, 50º, and may stay in the 60s most of the day. The sky is gray, just like the lake and lots of fishing boats are out this morning because of a tournament. It's now 8:00 and I am getting ready to go kayaking and the sun is cresting above a vast, gray cloud. I may need my shades, the dorky kind we used to laugh at my Mom for wearing because they fit over my glasses. We become our parents. I just returned from an hour on a calm lake and was lucky to photograph two herons sitting in a tree by the campground and one wading among the reeds, It was a good morning. 

Kayak Morning

Northern Sky

A Pair Of Herons

Hanging Out

Wading In The Reeds



Friday was a busy day for me. I did get in a half hour paddling before driving to Jamestown for a doctor's appointment at 9:00. On the way home, I did some shopping at Wegmans since it's on the way and was home mid morning. I then did a few things for Evie and planned on biking but my Outback battery was dead for some reason. Triple A arrived around noon, charged my battery and I then drove off to Mayville, parked my car, and rode my bike for forty-five minutes on Webb's Trail and Sea Lion Drive. It was a great day for a bike ride, with temperatures in the 60s and a light wind. I loved it. While I was gone, Evie worked in her garden, and did some weeding and watering as it's been dry lately. The garden looks great as the dahlias keep on coming. 

Webb's Trail

For lunch, I finished up the last of the cauliflower soup and had a sandwich while watching my show. The rest of the afternoon we both spent on couches or chaise lounges in the yard. Evie is reading Hello Beautiful by Ann Napolitano and I am reading Ann Patchett's Tom Lake. What a fine way to spend the afternoon after a busy morning. Late afternoon, our neighbor Ken stopped by and we enjoyed a glass of wine on the porch until it was time to get dinner. Evie decided on an old chestnut from our early years of marriage, hamburger stroganoff over noodles. So she put it together, boiled up noodles, and with corn and salad we had a throwback dinner. We watched a war film on Prime called The Covenant, a bit too long and not an Evie kind of film. We were both happy to get back to the 12th season of ER.  I can't believe we are still watching it.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...