Thursday, September 21, 2023

Cloudy And 50º

6:32

7:13

7:21

7:39

It's 7:00 and still dark although a strip of pink hangs over the Bemus shoreline. A bass boat just cruised by with its lights on so the morning begins.  Just as I was debating whether to go for a short paddle before breakfast, the sky darkened and the wind picked up making up my mind for me. It's 9:20 and I just returned from breakfast in Bemus, a crowded place every morning. 

Wednesday began with a good paddle, the lake-like glass and I was able to shoot a couple of herons and an osprey, making my morning. I had a yoga class at 10:00, making it more of a relaxing morning because I don't have to leave for class until 9:40. My yoga teacher, Tara, is back early from hiking a section of the Colorado Trail because of snow. Her class is always rigorous and I end up taking quite a few time-outs alas. After class, I stopped at Aldis and picked up a few things for the week although they were out of the kind of lettuce Evie likes. 

I was home around 12:30 and Evie had a pot of Indian cauliflower soup, a favorite, and she made me a salami sandwich for lunch. I watched my series about the LA Lakers, then was happy to return to my book, Tom Lake, set outside of Traverse City, Michigan, in the cherry-picking country. The rest of the afternoon was made up of what we should have done, like going for a hike, but we didn't. Instead, we wasted another beautiful afternoon, on our couch, porch, or side yard. And by 5:30, we were still there, on the porch, having a glass of wine. 

Dinner was also no fuss, browning a couple of Italian sausages for sandwiches, a salad, and a bowl of cauliflower soup. We started a series from 2012 called Nashville, It reminds me of Dallas, a series from the 70's with lots of drama. It's watchable. We ended the night with Bargain Block on HGTV. It was a lazy day. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...