Tuesday, September 26, 2023

Clouds, Sun, And Wind

6:53

7:34

7:38

7:39

7:43

I woke to a vast, dark cloud bank but now, at 7:40, the sun has burst out just above it, filling our living room briefly with its light. It's 54º and rain is expected soon, just as I am ready to go out for a paddle. It's 9:05 and I managed to kayak for 35 minutes, 20 minutes down to Sandy Bottom, into the wind, less than 15 minutes home with the wind at my back. I literally did not have to paddle.

Kayak Morning

Kayaking North

Yesterday was a strange day although it began as usual with a nice long paddle on a decent Monday morning, After breakfast and the blog, I drove to Westfield because I had to get a blood test and it took longer to register me to draw the blood. Afterward, I stopped for a coffee, then on to Tops for a few things for Evie, like butter which we ran out of. When I got home, the weather had changed and the sun was out, the lake calm and smooth so I suggested a boat ride before the weather changed. So I took the cover off the boat and we cruised for close to an hour, the sun bright and warm, the lake like glass. By the time we returned, the weather was beginning to change and within an hour, it was windy, cool, and overcast.

Autumn Boating

Southern Sky

Lunch was another salami sandwich and my show and that was it for excitement for the day. We both spent most of the afternoon inside because of the wind, reading, and napping, what else? Around 4:00, I went for a walk up the hill, checking on the trees that were taken down along our road by North Harmony, saving our association money. By 6:00, we were enjoying a libation and appetizers, as the day began to wane, the sky and cold reminding us once again of fall.

Dinner was the leftover tas kebab and mashed potatoes, along with a salad and corn. We watched our usual, HGTV, ER, along with some football mixed since it was Monday night. The games were boring so we ended up going to bed earlier than usual, to read, to sleep. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...