Saturday, August 5, 2023

Mostly Gray

8:45

A Good Morning For Water Skiing

No sunshine this morning, just a gray sky and lake, and some haze. It's 60º and may stay this way most of the day. I was out for over an hour and was rewarded with a photo of a bald eagle, for the first time in weeks, as well as a kingfisher and a couple of ospreys. 

Kayaking On A Gray Morning

Long Point

Here Comes The Sun

Finally, A Bald Eagle

Osprey

Another Osprey

A Kingfisher

Friday was a different day although it started as usual with kayaking, of course. After that, we decided we wanted to have a vegetable stir fry for dinner but needed veggies. So I drove off to Wegmans around 10:30 and picked up some goodies for our dinner on a very crowded Friday shopping morning at Wegmans. I was surprised at how busy it was. When I got home, Evie was on the porch reading, engrossed in her book, Lessons In Chemistry, a fun read.

For lunch, she made me a cheese omelet with toast and I watched my show until 1:00 when I got ready to go to my class. It was the final day for Music, Movies, and Vietnam, and I am glad I signed up. About 25 of us watched the final videos as well as some clips from Platoon and Apocalypse Now, two great films about Vietnam. Ron and his cohort were rewarded with applause at the end, a nice finish to the class. I don't ever remember my students clapping at the end of the year. Well, maybe, because the class was over.

When I returned home, I put together a new extended hedge cutter only to realize that it needed a battery, that the two I have are made by my Ryobi but won't fit this contraption so I will be sending it back. What a joke. Needless to say, I was not happy so I cooled off by jumping into the lake and then Evie and I went for a cruise on a choppy lake, enjoying the breeze and blue skies and sunshine, lightening my mood.

When we got home, neither of us felt like cooking, like making the stir fry, so Evie got out the good old standbyes, hot dogs and buns, and defrosted them as we enjoyed a glass of wine or two on the front porch. It's so pleasant and relaxing to begin the end of our day on our porch before dinner.

Dinner was dogs and corn on the cob, tasty of course, with a  peach crisp and ice cream for dessert. We started a couple of series that we quickly stopped watching and then watched the last episode of Hijack which was equally ridiculous but we stuck with it. Either we are too critical or the new movies or series are terrible. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...