Tuesday, August 22, 2023

Sun And Clouds

6:41

8:23

It's 7:00 as I start this and I have been up since 6:30 on a 57º morning. The sun has just filled the living room with its light, having been hidden behind clouds until now.  The lake is motionless, perfect for skiing or kayaking. It's 9:00 and I had a short paddle, only 35 minutes but I did shoot an osprey feasting on something, not quite sure what. Fish are their main diet but they also feed on small mammals, amphibians, and small birds. 

Kayak Morning


Northern Sky

Breakfasting Osprey


Yesterday was a wasted day for me. Other than getting in a good paddle in the morning, I did little except read and lay around the house. After my paddle and writing the blog, I put together a pulled pork recipe and using the slow cooker, let it simmer for six hours, pulling it out late afternoon. And that was it for me.

Evie had lunch at a friend's house at 12:30, so she was off for a couple of hours while I had my lunch, peanut butter and jelly on toast, and watched my show. I finished my book and started the most recent Micheal Connelly novel, Desert Star, so I was happy. And that's how I spent most of the afternoon, reading and napping, wishing I had some mojo, either going for a walk or biking. 

By 5:30, we were finally happy, enjoying a libation on our front porch, celebrating our anniversary, with good cheese and crackers. We listened to some oldies but goodies which was fun and thought about how lucky we are to be enjoying ourselves here on Chautauqua Lake. We had our big celebration and dinner on Sunday with Linda and Ron, so we were happy to just have leftovers for dinner, the moussaka and a salad from Sunday night. We watched the usual, news, tiresome and repetitive, and ER. It ended up being a  good day despite my sloth. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...