Sunday, August 6, 2023

Sunny And Breezy

6:28

6:29

9:11

It's 7:15 and I just realized the US is playing Sweden in FIBA's World Cup. Right now they are in overtime so it may go to a shoot-out. It's a bright, sunny morning, a perfect start to the day, a 63º morning. So far, the US seems to be dominating the overtime. Well, it's into penalty kicks and the US began with a goal, a good start psychologically but Sweeden followed with a goal. The pressure is enormous for both teams, a miss will likely lead to a loss. Both teams just missed, leveling the play. Sweden wins on a contested penalty kick. They needed cameras to see if the entire ball actually went beyond the goal line and it did,  by less than an eighth of an inch I would guess. It's now 9:10 and I paddled for just under an hour, shooting a couple of ospreys as usual and the heron I usually see has been missing for the past couple of days, 

Kayak Morning

Osprey High Up In Victoria Pine Tree

Yesterday was a lazy Saturday, especially a lazy Saturday afternoon. The morning was typical for us, with my early paddle, then breakfast, and the blog. Once Evie was up and had her coffee, she got busy cleaning out the refrigerator and I gathered the trash and drove off to the Transfer Station. It's amazing how much cardboard I get rid of every Saturday, compliments of Amazon.  I then drove to Mayville, to send back the hedge trimmer which lacked a battery pack.  Amazon sure makes it easy to send back something you don't like. 

Evie's Dahlias In A Vase

When I returned home I still felt like getting something done so I put on my bathing suit and waded into the water and pulled the water lilies and weeds out of our lakefront.  It's a fool's errand because it does little good and only makes me feel like I have accomplished something. I then went for a swim, came in, and Evie had a wrap ready for me with our new find Siracha mayo. I watched another episode of Friday Night Lights. I have started a couple of books but settled on a 1962 thriller by Helen Mc Ginnis called The Venetian Affair, a cold war spy novel. 

And that was it for the day for both of us although Evie did some watering of her dahlias. We both lay around, dozing or reading. Fortunately, there was a nice breeze so it was pleasant to be either on the porch or living room. Around 4:00, Evie put together our dinner, a pasta sauce with mushrooms and sausage and I cleaned up the kitchen. Around 6:00, we enjoyed another happy hour on our porch, with libations and appetizers as the lake settled down despite it being a Saturday night. 

Dinner was great and we were happy to be back in our TV room, watching junk TV even on a Saturday night. We need a new series! Today should be a fun day because we are attending the Slovenian Club picnic in Gowanda, NY, an hour+  drive. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...