Wednesday, August 9, 2023

Overcast But Sunny Later

6:50

A quiet morning here on the lake, like most mornings I guess. It's 62º and the sun is hidden behind a cloud bank, occasionally peaking out. Our neighbors are out skiing on a perfectly calm morning. It's 10:00 as I finish up the blog, having been to breakfast in Bemus at 8:00, then out kayaking for 50 minutes after 9:00 on a beautiful, warm, lake morning. 

Kayak Morning

Northern Sky

Great Blue

Yesterday morning was not typical because I didn't get in a paddle because of the heavy winds and rough waters. I should have given it a try but was content to have a second cup of coffee until Evie got up, then drove to Lakewood for a yoga class. Lunch was a cheese sandwich with jelly of course and I had enough time to watch my show before heading to my doctor's appointment in Ashtabula's Cleveland Clinic, about an hour and a half drive. At least my appointment went quickly and I hardly had to wait which was unusual. On the way home, I stopped for gas, much cheaper than in New York State, and bought lottery tickets. What a waste of money.

I didn't get home till 4:00 and Evie had everything prepared for our wok dinner, the veggies cut up, the chicken marinated. At 5:00, it was Zoom call time for Evie and her sisters and after, we relaxed on the front porch with a glass of wine, tired from the day. By 6:30, we were ready to heat up our new wok and add veggies to the chicken and hot bean sauce. It was worth the effort, dinner was great and we watched more junk TV, a couple episodes of ER before bed. Because of the drive, I was not looking forward to the day but it ended up with wine on the porch and a great stir fry. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...