Tuesday, August 1, 2023

Foggy Rising On a 54º Morning

Evie's Dahlias And Daisies

6:56

It's 7:15 on a chilly morning as the sun has risen above the fog. A boat or two are out but the lake's mostly empty this morning. I was shocked by the chill and even put on a fleece. I was out kayaking for 35 minutes as the fog moved in and out as I paddled down to Sandy Bottom and back. 

Kayak Morning

Into The Fog

Perched Osprey

Yesterday was a busy day and it started out with a great paddle, as usual, the lake-like glass. After the paddle, I had breakfast, wrote the blog, and thought about my busy day. So by 10:00, I was off to the can man, getting rid of a couple of grocery bags of returnables, then had a quick stop at Wegmans.  Then, I drove to Jamestown, for a stop with my tax man about a letter from the State of New York but it was no problem. Also, I had a quick check-up at the dentist and, finally, I picked up a basket of peaches at Petersons farm and came home, a busy, but productive morning.

Evie had lunch ready, scrambled eggs and toast and I watched my show before driving off to the Chautauqua Institution for a class at 1:30. About 30 of us signed up for a course taught by my friend Ron called, Music, Movies and Vietnam. The hour and a half went quickly, as Ron played much of the music from the 60s, and talked about their influences on American culture, as well as their connection to what was going on in Vietnam. I was home by 3:30 and relaxed for an hour and read my book. I wanted to get in some exercise so I walked through Victoria, up to 394 and back, just over a mile and a half. Evie got in her 11,000 steps by mowing the lawn, so we were both ready for a libation by 5:30.

A Bed Of Vinca, Our Favorite Ground Cover

Vinca

 Victoria 

We enjoyed our drinks, cheese, and crackers, on our front porch and once again, toasted how fortunate we are to have this view each late afternoon. We had the leftover pizza and salad for dinner, easy and good, and watched more junk TV as we struggle to find a series we like. Bed sounded good so we went up early.

A Happy Hour Rainbow

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...