Thursday, August 17, 2023

Quiet And Overcast

6:56

It's 7:25 and I have been up since 6:30 and a cool, slightly breezy 60º morning. My neighbors were out skiing earlier but now the lake is empty. I got in an easy paddle for 50 minutes, on a gray morning. 

Kayak Morning

Same Guy, Same Place

Yesterday when I was young, sorry, yesterday was another day, not much else to say. I kayaked early, then had breakfast, finished the blog, and drove to Lakewood with an always different class with Tara. After class, I stopped at Wegmans for a few things, then did a quick five-minute walk through our new Target store, in the old Kmart building. Within a half mile of each other, we have Wegmans, Aldis, Target, and Walmart. Target, like Walmart, has groceries, CVS, retail, and a Starbucks. Wow, another great place to spend money. 

I was home by 12:30 and had splurged at Wegmans and bought a sub sandwich, good for two days' lunch for both Evie and me. I am nearing the end of the fourth season of Friday Night Lights and still enjoy it. I felt guilty for not getting in a walk but was just too lazy to do it, preferring to sit out on the dock, enjoying the sun and reading. We both showered at 5:00 and drove off for wings and fries at Steeners Irish Pub in Greenhurst. It was strange to be there, sitting at the bar because it had been so long. The wings and fries were great, and we have enough wings left over for lunch or dinner today. We were home by 7:15 so we sat on the front porch, enjoying the waning of the day before hitting the TV room and watching our show until 10:00. It ended up being a pretty good day.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...