Wednesday, August 23, 2023

Overcast With Possible Showers

Our Youngest Granddaughter, Halle,  A Freshmen at Virginia Commonwealth

7:06

8:53

It's 7:45 and I have been up for an hour on a cloudy, gray morning. A few fishing boats are out on the lake along with two or three kayaers and my neighbors skied by 20 minutes ago. It's 57º and it does not look like we will get much sun today. It's after 9:00 and I was able to get in a half hour; it started to drizzle when I started out, so I turned around just as it stopped, so I headed back to Sandy Bottom, then home. 

Kayak Morning

Threatening Skies

Northern Sky

Yesterday began with a long paddle and some great shots of an osprey enjoying breakfast. After my paddle, I finished the blog, left it for Evie to edit, and then drove off to yoga with Julie, always a good class and well attended. I was home by 11:15 and had a quick lunch of the last of the leftover moussaka for lunch because I had to be at the Kia dealer at 1:00 for an oil change and tire rotation. Of course, my car did not move into the service area until 1:30 and they found three-inch long wood splinters embedded in the grill of my car as well as a headlight. How that happened I can only guess. High winds, probably, at least did not seem to affect the car. When it was done, I stopped next door at Tops and picked up a few goodies for the week and Evie's favorite, Nutty Buddies. 

We wanted to go for a cruise in the afternoon but the wind picked up and Evie had a Zoom call with her sisters at 5:00 so I put the cover on the boat because rain is forecast for the next couple of days which means it won't rain, probably.

Dinner was easy because we had the pulled pork I made on Monday. We did enjoy a happy hour, however, after Evie's Zoom call. Around 6:30, Evie made the cole slaw, put together our sandwiches, rolls, and pulled pork, and topped it with coleslaw and we were happy, both of us having seconds. We have enough leftovers for an army so we will probably freeze quite a bit for later. We watched a film on Prime Video based on the 1970 Judy Blume novel, Are You Their God? It's Me, Margaret. It's a cute, fun hour and a half, watching a 12-year-old navigate a new school, new friends, puberty, sexuality, and religious differences. The film is probably banned in Florida or will be if the politicians know what it's about. We ended the night with ER of course. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...